Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kids sunday football ringers

Nov 20, 2003
hove
can any one tell me what the clubs view regarding thier accdamy boys playing as ringers for sunday teams it seems that rivervale under 11s are costantly using bha players in summer matches .The manager is also a scout for the albion. Im sure the club would take a dimm view sould injuries occur ect and said manager should know better .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I don't think it's a major problem at that age is it? I'm sure the club don't mind their 10 year olds playing for other(non pro) teams. What's the likelihood of one of them getting a serious injury that will stop that kids progression to being a pro?

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
can any one tell me what the clubs view regarding thier accdamy boys playing as ringers for sunday teams it seems that rivervale under 11s are costantly using bha players in summer matches .The manager is also a scout for the albion. Im sure the club would take a dimm view sould injuries occur ect and said manager should know better .

I've been told by a friend, whose lad plays for one of the Albions junior teams, if the lad is involved with BHA then they are not permitted to play in the Junior leagues.

May 12, 2009
There's a lad at my son's school who has just been taken on by Albion. He is not allowed to play for his Sunday team or the school anymore. He is 10.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
There's a lad at my son's school who has just been taken on by Albion. He is not allowed to play for his Sunday team or the school anymore. He is 10.

I've been told by a friend, whose lad plays for one of the Albions junior teams, if the lad is involved with BHA then they are not permitted to play in the Junior leagues.

I stand corrected. Never thought this would be an issue until they were a few years older.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.

Just had another thought on this, for the teams that play Rivervale, the best thing they can do is ask to see the childs identification before the game, if they are a ringer, they will get found out before the game commences.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
anyones a free agent during the summer and can play for whoever

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

There is nothing in the rules to say that, despite it being frustrating, in tournaments which are outside the jurisdiction of leagues such as the Sussex Sunday Youth League), clubs can't play academy players.

However, if they (Rivervale) played players in a league game and those players were registered with another club in the same league, then that is against the rules.

Providing that the club can provide proof that a player is signed on with that club, there is nothing wrong.

From insurance perspective, if a player is signed on for one club, then plays for another club during the same season (which runs from 1st Aug to 31st July annually) and without getting transferred gets injured, then the insurance will not cover them as the insurers will contact the club and the league to ascertatain which club that child plays for.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Incorrect.

they are encouraged to play for there school, it is actually seen that school football becomes a priority over Brighton as they then can represent sussex or there county etc. FACT.

paul381

Apr 22, 2008
I am sure they can play during the summer best thing to do when the league starts is ask all clubs for ID as im sure there is a few teams looking to bend the rules.

I will be checking

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
There is nothing in the rules to say that, despite it being frustrating, in tournaments which are outside the jurisdiction of leagues such as the Sussex Sunday Youth League), clubs can't play academy players.

However, if they (Rivervale) played players in a league game and those players were registered with another club in the same league, then that is against the rules.

Providing that the club can provide proof that a player is signed on with that club, there is nothing wrong.

From insurance perspective, if a player is signed on for one club, then plays for another club during the same season (which runs from 1st Aug to 31st July annually) and without getting transferred gets injured, then the insurance will not cover them as the insurers will contact the club and the league to ascertatain which club that child plays for.

Yep your right.

Of course players signed with BHA are unlikely to have any desire/opportunity to play for a Sunday League Club during the normal season as they have a full fixture list for BHA on Sundays, but I would suspect that they could in theory still play if dual signed.

BHA is likely to take a dim view of that, but it nearly ever happens.

The club does allow youngsters to play for School & Representative sides, but do deter players from playing tournaments throughout the Summer but generally turn a blind eye to this and so they should !

I think the original post was more the frustration at those sides that can access BHA players and then maybe having an advantage to dominate those tournament's.

Not sure if I fully agree with those sentiments, unless your own target as manager/coach/father is more result lead rather than development lead.

I would see it as a great opportunity to try and gauge your own teams level against these better youngsters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here