Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kids in Dick's (and not the other way round) pre-match of late?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sure its not like some kind of unpleasant backstreet dive. Perfectly safe and pleasant for kids, and if Dick's was MASSIVE then perhaps it wouldn't be quite such an issue. But space there IS very limited, demand is high, only the few are lucky enough to get seated, so those with young-uns might as well go to the concourses anyway and leave more space for the adults to meet up and congregate.

In my opinion.

My opinion is ... exactly that of the above. Life is a compromise, and with demand far outstripping supply, long queues to get in on a match-day etc. it probably is best to make Dick's adults only pre & post match, Non match-days kids welcome too!.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Changing the subject slightly, I think there need to be tighter age testing controls at the stadium. A lot of people will have a go at me for that, I'm sure, but it's true. I was in the North Stand post-Palace and my mates daughter of 16 was being served pints and a glass of wine for herself. They didn't bat an eyelid, and served her. The first we knew of it was her coming back with a couple of pints, we wouldn't have allowed her to break the law, but the bar staff didn't seem to mind. It's something the club need to be careful of.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I am glad that others have had the chance to "read all the poems and see all the pictures". My 13 year old son and I (both season tickets holders) have not. And yes, I know it is open for children to go in on non-match days, but that is not convenient for us Brighton fans who live far away. If it was purely a bar with no memorabilia or stuff to see then I couldn't care less if they want to let my son in or not, but we do both want to see the montage (with our picture in) etc.
How about this as a solution. Open Dick's bar between 12.30 and 1.00 on a mtach day for adults and children to look around and then for adults only after that?

On the flipside I've been in Dick's bar loads of times and haven't bothered to look at any of the pictures or poetry.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Changing the subject slightly, I think there need to be tighter age testing controls at the stadium. A lot of people will have a go at me for that, I'm sure, but it's true. I was in the North Stand post-Palace and my mates daughter of 16 was being served pints and a glass of wine for herself. They didn't bat an eyelid, and served her. The first we knew of it was her coming back with a couple of pints, we wouldn't have allowed her to break the law, but the bar staff didn't seem to mind. It's something the club need to be careful of.

Has she got massive NORKS? I've been ID'd a couple of times and I'm 29. Admittedly I probably look younger, but no way do I pass for 17 :lolol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Has she got massive NORKS? I've been ID'd a couple of times and I'm 29. Admittedly I probably look younger, but no way do I pass for 17 :lolol:

Nope, she is very attractive though and a couple of 1901ers were trying to get themselves involved in our conversations. One of them succeeded and did alright, until he burped in her face. :lolol:

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
i must confess i have not been in dicks bar, i also have a 12 yr old son, we are not welcome on match days and feel why should we be welcome non-match days, if the argument is its quieter and less busy then that don't wash with me the concourse is no different on match days, if its about queing then again what's the difference to me getting two drinks hardly que blocking is it. i can understand not wanting little ones there but my son who is 5' 6 " is not going to be rolling over the floor screaming he wants an ice cream, and agree with previous post this was meant to be family orientated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here