Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kidger quits albion board

MRRF 10

kidger has quit the board of the albion to contrate more on his other business, the friday ad. He will run an advert for falmer in the friday ad. His money was used to end all ties with bill archer.

taken from back page of argus

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does he want his money back now?

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
The bloke is a TOSSER. He is worth millions of pounds (literally) and the Friday Ad will be sold soon for about £40-£50 million. He is a tight-wad. He owns it outright and makes something like £5m per year profit.

He used the Albion for publicity.

It was Norman Cook who really put up the money to end the ties with Archer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not sure I'm overjoyed at this news. You'd think on the eve of The Decision, he'd be looking to retain at least some interest in the club if Falmer is granted. The timing of it worries me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mind you, I've just checked an old programme I have in my desk draw (April 1st 2002 v Bristol City, Daniel Webb on the cover), and Kidgen is NOT listed amongst the Albion directors. There's Ray Bloom, Derek Chapman, Kevin Griffiths, Martin Perry, Bob Pinnock, and one non-executive director, John Smith.

So it doesn't appear that Kidgen was a long-standing member of the board anyway. Not so worried now.

Granny Goodchild

Sep 24, 2003
Kidger was appointed to the Board in May 2002 when his company, Friday-Ad, lent the club £500,000 as part of the funds to pay Archer £700,000 (half of his outstanding loan). Norman Cook and William Brown also provided the same amount but did not take a seat on the Board.

In June 2002 the loans were converted to 500,000 fully paid up £1 shares in Brighton and Hove Albion Holdings Ltd, which represented 11% of the share capital. The Kidger investment being held in the name of "Friday Ad Holdings Ltd".

Having converted his loan into share capital he cannot "ask for his money back"....only offer to sell his shares.

Must admit, timing of the resignation seems strange!

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
As mentioned before, it was a publicity stunt for his dirty little rag. Best off without him.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
GSCE History Subject: Brighton & Hove Albion

Who are the Albion Board?

Can anybody fill in the gaps?

16 July 1998 OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Bill Archer Retires from Albion Board.
Due to medical advice, Bill Archer has resigned from the Board of Brighton & Hove Albion and Brighton & Hove Albion Holdings Ltd.
Mr Archer comments: "I would like to wish the Club and all of it's supporters the very best of luck for the future. It has been a traumatic period in the Club's history, but feel the present Board will take the Albion from Withdean to a permanent home in Brighton in the not too distant future."
Mr Archer will remain as a shareholder in the Club at present. Chairman Dick Knight said: "Bill Archer has played his part in supporting the Club financially since the restructure. But to survive and thrive, we must make the Albion financially stronger. Strategically, that is why the return from our Gillingham exile to Brighton now is crucial, and why the Board will not rule out further injections of outside investment. We are on the threshold of a new era for the Club."

New Board on 3 September 1997. Bob Pinnock joins.

Board on 22 April 1997

Richard Knight: Chairman. Consortium with 49.5% shareholding.

Bill Archer/ Greg Stanley: Directors with 49.5% shareholding.

Martin Perry: Director of Alfred McAlpine with a 1% shareholding.

Sir John Smith: Non-executive Director.

Richard Faulkner: Vice Chairman of the Football Trust, Non-Executive Director on the new Board.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
GUNTER said:
As mentioned before, it was a publicity stunt for his dirty little rag. Best off without him.

Harsh as his money helped get rid of the root of most of our current problems?

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
GUNTER said:

Who cares if he used the club for publicity?
His money is to remain in the club and he is carrying on supporting Falmer through the Friday AD. His leaving the board should not affect the club in any way.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Like old grannys selling their washing machines are really interested in Falmer.

Piss of Kidger.

Arise Sir Norman - time for him to have a seat at the top table.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
GUNTER said:
Like old grannys selling their washing machines are really interested in Falmer.

Piss of Kidger.

Arise Sir Norman - time for him to have a seat at the top table.

Have a look around the North Stand at Withdean - There are lots of Grannys there! Surely the phrase FALMER FOR ALL means something?

Granny Goodchild

Sep 24, 2003
perseus said:
GSCE History Subject: Brighton & Hove Albion

Who are the Albion Board?

Can anybody fill in the gaps?

16 July 1998 OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
Bill Archer Retires from Albion Board.
Due to medical advice, Bill Archer has resigned from the Board of Brighton & Hove Albion and Brighton & Hove Albion Holdings Ltd.
Mr Archer comments: "I would like to wish the Club and all of it's supporters the very best of luck for the future. It has been a traumatic period in the Club's history, but feel the present Board will take the Albion from Withdean to a permanent home in Brighton in the not too distant future."
Mr Archer will remain as a shareholder in the Club at present. Chairman Dick Knight said: "Bill Archer has played his part in supporting the Club financially since the restructure. But to survive and thrive, we must make the Albion financially stronger. Strategically, that is why the return from our Gillingham exile to Brighton now is crucial, and why the Board will not rule out further injections of outside investment. We are on the threshold of a new era for the Club."

New Board on 3 September 1997. Bob Pinnock joins.

Board on 22 April 1997

Richard Knight: Chairman. Consortium with 49.5% shareholding.

Bill Archer/ Greg Stanley: Directors with 49.5% shareholding.

Martin Perry: Director of Alfred McAlpine with a 1% shareholding.

Sir John Smith: Non-executive Director.

Richard Faulkner: Vice Chairman of the Football Trust, Non-Executive Director on the new Board.

Brighton and Hove Albion Holdings Ltd
and Brighton and Hove Sports and Leisure Ltd
Robert Pinnock
Raymond Bloom
Derek Chapman
Kevin Griffiths
Harry Richard Knight
Martin Perry

Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club Ltd
Robert Pinnock
Raymomd Bloom
Derek Chapman
Kevin Griffiths
Christopher Kidger
Harry Richard Knight
Martin Perry
Sir John Alfred Smith - non Exec

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What exactly has Kidger done to upset you Gunter ? I am sensing an inordinate amount of hostility towards this man, but I am currently in the dark as to why he has incurred your wrath.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The bloke stepped in at a dire time of need for the club, and has made other contributions to various things, I think we ought to be grateful for those, not slate the guy.

Its all too easy to flame the guy for not spending enough money on the club (although I think his personal wealth is sometimes exagerated) but none of us know just how much the bloke is worth, and indeed if he has the funds to bank roll a football club.

I dont think he is selling his shares either but as was conveyed in another article, simply concentrating fully on the business of selling the Friday Ad which after seeing that start from scratch is understandable that he wants to fully concentrate on that.

Who knows, once that sale has gone through he may just come to the table with a little bit more to offer, but Roman Abramovich he aint, and we must learn to stop slating a bloke just because he has got a bit of cash, £500,000 was not bad in my book, but just because its not more we slate him !

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Oh, and I forgot to add, we were all more than happy to take his money to get rid of the Archer back then.

He can have all the publicity in the world for that in my book

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wise words Rougvie. I couldn't give a toss if Kidger isn't a very nice man. He put his money into the club when we needed it. If he also benefitted with a bit of publicity, then fine - everyone comes out with something, everyone is happy.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Right - I've deleted one post from this thread - I don't like having to do it but people have to be aware where the line is.

This has nothing to do with my views of Kidger, more to do with the fact that these domains are registered to me and I could cop any legal actions arising out of postings here. Please respect that.

Isn't there some rule somewhere about owners of private companies having to dispose of their other share holdings prior to a company sale/flotation.

If he is planning to sell the Friday Ad group, could this just be the reason for his disposal.

And more to the point - who picks up the available 11% of BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here