Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kicking off in the WSL - The sit down brigade

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Well, my first time there in my new seat since it has been changed and it all kicked off between a few fella's. One of them, Mr being too keen to shout sit down like a f***ing school teacher, the other did not take too kindly to this and offered him out for a scrap. Why did i not get a free Boxing ticket allocation with my WSU ticket?:D

If you are talking about the gobby fat bloke in the green shirt, that was near me. He was well out of order, and I heard what he said to the fella in front. Had he said that to me, I would have been less than impressed, and would have liked to have discussed the issue privately with him after the game!

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Anklylosing Spondilitis bascially. i am fine gettin up there but next day i am like a pissed zombie trying to walk

The Spondolitis angle, not good, where is it, neck, base of spine? The fusion of vetebrae to a bone like substance that is hereditary in males and will show its face between the ages of 18 and 35....my brother has lost the top two vetebrae in his neck, as has one of my male cousins, yet nothing showed in me and the other male cousin, get that stretching machine out....I vicariously feel your pain mate, some days my brother looks worse than a pensioner getting out of a wheelchair on Eastbourne seafront.

Sep 1, 2010
The Spondolitis angle, not good, where is it, neck, base of spine? The fusion of vetebrae to a bone like substance that is hereditary in males and will show its face between the ages of 18 and 35....my brother has lost the top two vetebrae in his neck, as has one of my male cousins, yet nothing showed in me and the other male cousin, get that stretching machine out....I vicariously feel your pain mate, some days my brother looks worse than a pensioner getting out of a wheelchair on Eastbourne seafront.

Neck and Spine but the worst for me is the fatigue. the neck Is starting to feel like it's going to snap soon
Though. Sounds like he has had it rough.

Jan 30, 2008
If you are talking about the gobby fat bloke in the green shirt, that was near me. He was well out of order, and I heard what he said to the fella in front. Had he said that to me, I would have been less than impressed, and would have liked to have discussed the issue privately with him after the game!
i heard he completely bottled it and was ridiculed for the whole of the second half :wink:

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
It's like that in Block C as well, around the aisle around where Liz Costa is (I think). Everytime I or others stand up to try and see what's going on, we get a load of 'SIT DOWN'

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
We got a few shouts of "Sit down!" when we went to Home Park for Fans Reunited! Talk about cheek...
So we moved after half time and didn't sit down or stop singing for the rest of the match.

Feb 14, 2010
I think the Albion need to start to designate an area a special "sit down and moan" area. People have every right to do what they want at football. If some want to stand and support the team then great but others are entitled to do what they have been doing for years -sit down and moan. the old west standers from the soldstone days need a home.

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
I have a season ticket in WSL, front row (A) about 10 seats along from the away dug out, I can literally give opposing warm up players all the shit I want, Andy Carroll got the most this season. On Saturday I swapped seats with someone in the WSU to give it a go. There are pros and cons with both.

Atmosphere is much better in WSU, sometimes I feel stupid for chanting in WSL as not many people get involved. Does anybody else find this? Its like we wait for the North Stand to orchestrate us.

Great thing about WSL is banter with opposing managers. Against Sunderland Steve Bruce was getting it from all areas of WSL, against Peterborough Darren Ferguson got pissed off with my little brother (who sits next to me) giving him shit, turned round and pointed at him telling him to f*** off.......classic.

Love my seat in WSL, although I'm the other side (north stand side)...never heard anyone tell anyone to "sit down", although I'd be hard pressed to think of anyone standing up :p

Can't believe there is any noise from WSU...you seriously can't hear them from where we are, although I bet they can't hear us either. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here