Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kick RACISM OUT of football!!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
How disgusting is it to see a certain Huddersfield manager publicly insulting Gus on his country of origin. Should get a touchline ban and hefty fine for that. :angry:

Terrier17

Jun 30, 2009
yes I did, what's racist about Lee Clark critising Gus Poyet complaning about giving our team cards because he thinks thats the nature of foreign teams and managers? Which to be fair 9 times out of 10 it's true! He's wasn't being racist at all to Gus Poyet!!!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Lee Clark, yesterday:

kkk.jpg

Terrier17

Jun 30, 2009
He said any that wish to do that shouldn't be in the english game. When did he say ALL foreigners are cheats?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
yes I did, what's racist about Lee Clark critising Gus Poyet complaning about giving our team cards because he thinks thats the nature of foreign teams and managers? Which to be fair 9 times out of 10 it's true! He's wasn't being racist at all to Gus Poyet!!!
ah, all becomes clear. He was playing to the gallery of BNP voting northern twats in the crowd.

Acetripper

Apr 23, 2009
I think some people on here are guilty of 'mischievous misunderstanding'!

Making a comment on the spirit in which the game is played in this country isn't racist! The fact that Gus isn't English is totally irrelevant in my view!

While we're on the subject, many of us up tNorth hate racism and confront it whenever and where ever it raises its ugly head so throwing that one at us is bloody pathetic. If you're talking politics, I thought the homophobic comments aimed at your fans by ours were far more offensive.:angry:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think some people on here are guilty of 'mischievous misunderstanding'!

Making a comment on the spirit in which the game is played in this country isn't racist! The fact that Gus isn't English is totally irrelevant in my view!

While we're on the subject, many of us up tNorth hate racism and confront it whenever and where ever it raises its ugly head so throwing that one at us is bloody pathetic. If you're talking politics, I thought the homophobic comments aimed at your fans by ours were far more offensive.:angry:

Maybe so but there does seem to be far more racism up there than down here. Bearing mind that we also have areas with large 'minority inhabitants' why isn't Southall like Oldham ? Granted Clark's comments weren't too clever but I suppose that he's a football manager not a diplomat. Given the amount of money he's spent as against what we have he's not that good a manager is he ?

Acetripper

Apr 23, 2009
Maybe so but there does seem to be far more racism up there than down here. Bearing mind that we also have areas with large 'minority inhabitants' why isn't Southall like Oldham ? Granted Clark's comments weren't too clever but I suppose that he's a football manager not a diplomat. Given the amount of money he's spent as against what we have he's not that good a manager is he ?

Racism is a working class mind set! And to fair, we have far greater working class population than the South of England does.

Anyway 0 back to football! Lee Clark hasn't actually spent much money at all. He hasn't commented lately but not long ago in just about every interview he was claiming that his budget was about the 6th highest in League One. Make of that what you will! The fact is we're second in League One and we haven't really hit any serious form yet!:lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Racism is a working class mind set! And to fair, we have far greater working class population than the South of England does.

Anyway 0 back to football! Lee Clark hasn't actually spent much money at all. He hasn't commented lately but not long ago in just about every interview he was claiming that his budget was about the 6th highest in League One. Make of that what you will! The fact is we're second in League One and we haven't really hit any serious form yet!:lolol:

Just because we don't wear flat caps and breed ferrets doesn't mean that we aren't 'working class'. The expression 'Working class' is very dated now anyway, in the South the 'Working Class' are anybody body who has a job. Be that as it may you have spent a lot more over the last two seasons than we or just about any other club is this league. However, Gus has his eyes on three players in January and if they are who we think they are then it's likely you'll be left in the Play Offs. I can't see you getting anything from the return as by then we will be back in our stride and a lot stronger. Had we not had a match in mid week I doubt that you'd have won, most people feel that the result flattered you.

Acetripper

Apr 23, 2009
Just because we don't wear flat caps and breed ferrets doesn't mean that we aren't 'working class'. The expression 'Working class' is very dated now anyway, in the South the 'Working Class' are anybody body who has a job. Be that as it may you have spent a lot more over the last two seasons than we or just about any other club is this league. However, Gus has his eyes on three players in January and if they are who we think they are then it's likely you'll be left in the Play Offs. I can't see you getting anything from the return as by then we will be back in our stride and a lot stronger. Had we not had a match in mid week I doubt that you'd have won, most people feel that the result flattered you.

As I've said, either team could have won the game. It really was that close! If you'd have won would it have flattered you? I don't think so! As for us not being capable of an automatic spot, I believe we've not hit our true potential yet. We've seen glimpses in games but we're not the finished item by any means. Good luck to Brighton if you go up, I hope you do! But please don't underestimate our football club:D

Acetripper

Apr 23, 2009
You're right 'Working Class' refers to anyone who works for a living rather making a living from investment and such like!

I was using the term incorrectly (Sorry!) to describe the backward tendencies within the working class who hang on the 'little Englander' mentality for dear life and are prepared to be insulting and abusive to anyone who is non-white or Gay!???

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Maybe so but there does seem to be far more racism up there than down here. Bearing mind that we also have areas with large 'minority inhabitants' why isn't Southall like Oldham ?
Because Southall has a far, far higher asian to whites ratio, and is in a far more affluent part of the country, if London starts suffering the same levels of economic hardship as some of these northern cities it would be exactly the same, you cant compare levels of polarisation in a cosmopolitan city like london with a place like oldham.

htfc

Dec 12, 2010
i guess none of you know why it kicked off at the end of the game!?

well, one of your players made a racist comment towards one of our players.

amazing how we get called racist.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
well, one of your players made a racist comment towards one of our players.

I love the way you state that like it's a fact, as opposed to a mere rumour. Good work sir.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here