Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Key Contracts Expiring

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wonder if anyone would take the risk of signing Bissouma while his court case remains open.
There is no court case at the moment unless I've missed that he has been charged.

The whole situation though may mean he'd prefer a totally fresh start overseas.

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
I hope we can get Maupay and Ally Mac on new deals.

Bissouma and Trossard will surely be off. Bissouma has been a beast for nearly 2 seasons now and Trossard is at peak age and has become a permanent fixture in the Belgian squad, this is his opportunity to push on and play in the champions league/make hughe money. I'd love them both to stay but it seems more of a dream than reality sadly.

Pretty much my thoughts. However I wonder whether any club will meet our valuation for Trossard? How much would they pay for him with one year left? £20 mill? Would we sell for that? Are his services for a final year worth more?

Biss is different. I can see many top clubs competing for him and a £40 mill fee being agreed even with only one year left.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We'll have very little say in this. The players hold most of the power. The Albion's role in this will be balancing cashing out with keeping the skills in the squad and deciding how much sale value we'll sacrifice in return for not having to replace known talents.

Very tricky for the club. Gone are the days when a player would sign a new contact for a small bonus in order to boost resale value. Far more lucrative to run down the contract and get a big signing on bonus.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
There is no court case at the moment unless I've missed that he has been charged.

The whole situation though may mean he'd prefer a totally fresh start overseas.

Thanks for clarifying, I’ve not followed it closely. For me he still seems like a risk for any buying club until the accusations are sorted, so hopefully we won’t lose him in this window.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I’d think Biss will definitely be off in the summer. We now have succession in place with Moder, Mwepu, Caicedo and potentially Kozlowski.
I also think we are quietly trying to replace Trossard. I see rumours that we are after Sebastian Cordova who looks very much like a Trossard type player.
I really hope we can extend Maupay’s contract.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd rather we got some of these guys on longer deals than actually recruit anyone new in this window.

If the player has a career plan to leave though there is sometimes nothing that can be done. Bissouma and Trossard may fall into this category :shrug: but hopeful we can issue a batch of new contracts soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here