Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Thornton SACKED?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He spent the night at my gaff once, we were both fairly pissed up. He sent the cab away I ordered for him and crashed out on my sofa instead after a few more beers. Nice enough lad, but I think he was after my daughter as opposed to spending half the night up chatting to an old fart like me. But there was no way THAT was happening...

Do you still have his mobile number? Chuck him a text to see if we've approached him.

Having the image of your daughter flash through his mind, may just make him choose us over Orient. C'mon mate, we need some FLAIR.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Perhaps these mazy runs he went on were nothing more than a drunken stagger? It wouldn't surprise me as they often resulted in nothing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do you still have his mobile number? Chuck him a text to see if we've approached him.

Having the image of your daughter flash through his mind, may just make him choose us over Orient. C'mon mate, we need some FLAIR.

I do indeed (unless he's changed it).
The daughter is all loved-up elsewhere now, and she wasn't much impressed with Kevs "charms" last time anyway, so I can't really dangle her as bait. Yes, we do indeed need some FLAIR, but I'm not offering up my DAUGHTER to pay for it.

:p

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Never quite got what the fuss was about with Thornton.

As somebody else said: he occasionally looked as though there was talent in them there boots, but when I think back, I can't really remember any stand-out moments or incidents where he actually played a significant part in games. All style and no substance?

His brother's never really fulfulled his potential either, due, it's rumoured to a similar fondness for a few beers and dislike for anything requiring any degree of application. Their parents must be so proud.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Never quite got what the fuss was about with Thornton.

As somebody else said: he occasionally looked as though there was talent in them there boots, but when I think back, I can't really remember any stand-out moments or incidents where he actually played a significant part in games. All style and no substance?

Against Cheltenham he played like a DREAM. I remember him bobbing and weaving his way by two defenders and clipping over a peach of a cross for Murray to notch.

He OWNED that game, despite Murray getting a hat-trick. In the same way that final was 'The Matthews Final' despite the other fella getting three, that league game was 'The Thornton 3v3 draw with a rather rubbish lower league team'.

He played like an angel alongside Adam El Abd. What dreams could he weave with Gary Dicker?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I do indeed (unless he's changed it).
The daughter is all loved-up elsewhere now, and she wasn't much impressed with Kevs "charms" last time anyway, so I can't really dangle her as bait. Yes, we do indeed need some FLAIR, but I'm not offering up my DAUGHTER to pay for it.

:p

LOL, no, but your text will put the idea in his head. Hey. he's a footballer, that means he's arrogant and self-confident, he won't be looking for you to "dangle" anyone.

Once she knocks him back in spectacular style, "hi, have you met Marcus?" it'll be too late, he'll have already signed.

:)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
he can weave wherever he likes

he will probably stagger a bit on the way

but I don't want him playing for my team
I don't want his example to young fans
and I don't want his influence on other players

:rant:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Against Cheltenham he played like a DREAM. I remember him bobbing and weaving his way by two defenders and clipping over a peach of a cross for Murray to notch.

He OWNED that game, despite Murray getting a hat-trick. In the same way that final was 'The Matthews Final' despite the other fella getting three, that league game was 'The Thornton 3v3 draw with a rather rubbish lower league team'.

He played like an angel alongside Adam El Abd. What dreams could he weave with Gary Dicker?

Great, one game. How long was he on loan for?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
LOL, no, but your text will put the idea in his head. Hey. he's a footballer, that means he's arrogant and self-confident, he won't be looking for you to "dangle" anyone.

Once she knocks him back in spectacular style, "hi, have you met Marcus?" it'll be too late, he'll have already signed.

I don't want him staggering over to my gaff every other week to serenade her at 3am on the offchance though. Think this is one best left well alone :thumbsup:

*waits for tomorrows Argus to see Slades put an offer in *

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Great, one game. How long was he on loan for?

You could pretty much say the same for every single other player who played under Adams last season.

Although most didn't even have ONE good game.

Oh, and to respond to another poster's question earlier, this came from someone who regularly tells me stuff about the Thornton brothers which normally prove to be right.

I don't think there has been an officially announcement yet so it MAY prove to be off the mark.

Either way, its pretty likely they will want RID.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh, and to respond to another poster's question earlier, this came from someone who regularly tells me stuff about the Thornton brothers which normally prove to be right.

I don't think there has been an officially announcement yet so it MAY prove to be off the mark.

Either way, its pretty likely they will want RID.

Haven't been on here much over the last week, but I definitely read somewhere that Coventry were mightily pissed off over his conviction. Mainly, it seems, because he neglected to mention it until he was actually in court...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No ta wasn't amazing when he was down here

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Why on earth would Slade want to sign a bit part player in the side that very nearly got us relegated, who was just sacked for drink driving?

He'd have to have gone completely insane before even considering it....

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
He was another victim of the Adams regime, Had a corker first game when playing CM then was played out wide or just not played at all from then on, he should play CM as he has a great passing ability and has great composure on the ball, his performances against Cheltenham & Derby were very good he is only 22 as well, IMO he would be amazing alongside Dicker.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I sincerely hope we do not even consider signing Thornton.
Yeah, he might have some skills but he wasn't really anything to shout about.
I just see him as being a scumbag. The sort of player that will destroy any team moral and bring down a perfectly happy dressing room.
I want him nowhere near the club I love. He's not a quality professional, just a cock.
Anyway, heard the plastic dons were having a look at him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Do we really need another player with special needs?

R M Taylor picked up on this as well in his player ratings for the league match at Hartlepool last October.

Subs:
Thornton - 5 - during the warm-up he comes across that he has special needs. Won the ball, and created things. Needs to start next week. Very lucky not to be sent-off though for stamping on the goalkeepers back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here