Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Thornton SACKED?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I wasn't really a Thornton fan.

He had all the silky skills and could take the ball around a million men but had very little end product.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
After a short stay at the 'Sporting Chance' clinic

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He was on £2,500-a-week contract a Cov.

He was a very gifted player who SHOULD have been playing every game while on loan. No doubt the fact he wasn't could have been down to his off-the-field application.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
He either;

a) Won't fit into Slade's non-drinking regime being the drunken looney he is
or
b) Will fit into Slade's non-drinking regime as he'll no longer want to touch the stuff

You decide.

(...what a pretty pointless message)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He spent the night at my gaff once, we were both fairly pissed up. He sent the cab away I ordered for him and crashed out on my sofa instead after a few more beers. Nice enough lad, but I think he was after my daughter as opposed to spending half the night up chatting to an old fart like me. But there was no way THAT was happening...

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
He was on £2,500-a-week contract a Cov.

He was a very gifted player who SHOULD have been playing every game while on loan. No doubt the fact he wasn't could have been down to his off-the-field application.

and is probably the reason we won't want to sign him

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
He was not that good.

Could certainly not play him through the middle, goes missing too much. I guess if we play the midfield system we used at the end of last season, with 3 deep midfielders and one behind the front 2, he might be OK.

As we have already signed one out and out winger and are looking at a premiershite winger to boot, I guess the midfield system you talk of isn't happening next term.

That said, he was a good player and we could do with a plan B. Although I personally don't expect to sign him!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
wasn't he involved in some sort of unsavoury incident at a hotel, whilst on loan down here?

was a bit overated in my book.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I always liked him and never really understood why he didnt play, not sure he is worth a contract now though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here