Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Pressman Leaving Leicester

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Taken from the Beeb. The main bit is about the missing link leaving, however the snippet about Pressman probably going could be interesting, especially as we are after an experienced keeper and it cannot really be a loan one as we need one for the rest of the season and you can only have players on loan for up to 3 months now.

Leicester City have terminated the contract of 38-year-old defender Martin Keown by mutual consent.
The former Arsenal player has made just 18 appearances for the club since signing a one-year deal last summer.

Foxes boss Craig Levein said: "Younger players are the way forward. Martin has done a fantastic job but he is not the future and he understands that."

Kevin Pressman is also expected to leave the club following the signing of former Spurs keeper Lars Hirschfield.

Levein added: "It's now been three months since I arrived at Leicester and during that time I've been making up my mind about which way we are heading.

"Rather than wait until the summer we've accelerated things a little and hopefully we will be able to use the money that we will gain from Martin leaving, to bring in some other players."

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sounds good to me.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Pressman was last seen at lunchtime today on a train heading south......

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
From Leicesters site;

Goalkeeper Kevin Pressman has parted company with Leicester City.

The 37-year-old has had his contract terminated at the Walkers Stadium by mutual consent.

After 19 years at Sheffield Wednesday, Pressman arrived in the East Midlands in the summer after putting pen-to-paper on a one-year deal.

He went on to make 15 appearances for the Foxes in the absence of the injured Ian Walker.

Pressman's departure paves the way for Canadian International Lars Hirschfeld to join up with the Foxes from Dundee United.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Pressman had a pretty decent game for Leicester when they drew 0-0 here at the end of October. But he certainly is a size these days.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Better bring the big shoe horns then coz that's the only way we're gonna be able to wedge him in the goal.

shoe_horn.jpg

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
No way has Pressman EVER missed a lunch, or any other meal for that matter.
Plenty of shots and crosses have flown passed him though.
Surely we can do better that that overweight under-talented has been!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Pressman had a pretty decent game for Leicester when they drew 0-0 here at the end of October. But he certainly is a size these days.
So is Guy Butters, it matters not.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yeah but if we get him on a month's contract then come Febuary 8th we can look at loaning someone for the rest of the season.

Last edited:

sykid69

Aug 2, 2003
Hove
did u see the goal he let in this season against presonts keeper i think? booted it the length of the pitch and pressman cudnt keep it out! as hes fat.. weight watchers la la la weight watchers la la la:cool:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
According to SCR this morning, McGhee is going to choose between 2 Premiership keepers, one of whom is one loan at a League club.

I reckon NSP has secured ANOTHER exclusive on this story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here