Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Davies

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Capello is a joke and he seems to be forever shooting himself in the foot. Wright-Phillips? Really? He calls up Wilshere (well done) but then Davies aswell! 33 years old so hardly someone for the long term, doesn't score, good replacement for Heskey I suppose then.

His actions seems to contunually stir media and publiv scorn, yet he stubbornly carries on regardless. His has a good club record, outstanding you would say, but his achievements at International level are modest at most.

Capello calls up Zamora who is big, strong and good in the air and people think he is a genius. He calls up Davies who is big, strong and good in the air and people think he is a joke. He just can't win can he.

Personally i think that Davies should have been called up ages ago. He's as good as C Cole, Heskey etc. players who have always been in England squads and i've never understood why Davies was always looked over.

Good luck to him i say.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Capello should bite the bullet and go young and build a team around the younger players. That said imo, he should go now, he has no intention of hanging around after euros and we will get there with the same old system, then flop against the better sides. Bring in a new man now and let him gel his own side ready for World Cup 2014. Martin O'Neill played nice counter attacking quick footie at Villa, just could not take them any further and Id like to see who could.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
His has a good club record, outstanding you would say, but his achievements at International level are modest at most.

Hasn't he had 13 straight victories at Wembley, which is an England record. We qualified with games to spare for WC2010, and have started the Euros in similar vein.

Ultimately you cannot polish a turd, even one that is paid £120,000 a week, and that is what Capello is expected to do.

People in this country are delusional about our players abilities, partly due to an unholy alliance between the media and the clubs/FA, who prop each other up like two drunks at a party.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Given the form of our creative players its even more baffling he's left out Lewis Holtby, 3 goals this season, lord knows how many assists. Now we've left him out & he'll probably score against us somewhere down the line.

I agree with kevtherev, Dump all the old crocks & start building a team for the future. There's plenty of decent kids out there if you look past the big 4

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Montenegro

Another example of Capello looking to the future then, And we've missed our chance with Holtby now too. The guy must be blind if he doesn't recognise how talented he is.

The same Holtby who said he would only play for England if Germany rejected him?

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Given the form of our creative players its even more baffling he's left out Lewis Holtby, 3 goals this season, lord knows how many assists. Now we've left him out & he'll probably score against us somewhere down the line.

I agree with kevtherev, Dump all the old crocks & start building a team for the future. There's plenty of decent kids out there if you look past the big 4

http://www.rp-online.de/sport/fussball/zweiteliga/Zweitliga-Profi-will-fuer-Deutschland-spielen_aid_689732.html

You have to use google translate but it basically says that he wants to play for Germany and not England. So can we now only suggest players that are eligible and want to play for England.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
After watching the programme entitled: 'Will England win the next World Cup' last night I agree with Mr Lineker's summing up.

We are not producing enough international quality players in England.

You do not need a documentary to tell you this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

who the f*** is Lewis Holtby?

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Probably the weakist squad I have seen since the days of Carlton Palmer and Tony Daley

Ben Foster (Birmingham City) , Robert Green (West Ham United), Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Joleon Lescott (Manchester City), John Terry (Chelsea), Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa)
Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Joe Cole (Liverpool), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham Hotspur), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham Hotspur), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City), Ashley Young (Aston Villa)

Darren Bent (Sunderland), Peter Crouch (Tottenham Hotspur), Kevin Davies (Bolton Wanderers), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

Rafael Van Der Vaart - NOTHING without PC on Saturday.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I am pleased that Kevin Davies has at last been recognised for the battling performances he has given over recent seasons.At his age it can only be a short term solution to our striker shortage but he will certainally get amongst defences and make opportunities for himself and overs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here