Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevin bobson new striker

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
played left wing for the first half, didn't really do much but very difficult to judge based on 45 minutes of slow football against a Ryman league team

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Thought he looked quite good. If Wiki is to be belived and he really hasn't had a club for over 18months he could be quite useful when he becomes fitter.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I thought he looked very good, our best player first half imo.
Had a great touch in the warm up excersizes, when the rest of the squad were very rusty.

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE
Strange that Bobson couldn't get a club at all last year, he won the Austrian Bundesliga with Salzburg the year before last.
Doesn't have the scoring greatest record for a forward, 28 in over 200 games.
But in Gus we trust!

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Strange that Bobson couldn't get a club at all last year, he won the Austrian Bundesliga with Salzburg the year before last.
But in Gus we trust!

Bas Savage scored twice(?) before he came to us and he knocked a few in for us. :shrug:

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
But in Gus we trust!

You say he 'won' the Austrian Bundesliga, but you ommit the fact he played THREE games.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
A 30 year old striker who has scored less than 30 goals. Is that really the type of player we are looking for?

Besides, having seen him play yesterday, he didn't really do anything other than a lot of running around. Can't really remember a good ball into the box from him.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Gus see's him as a winger, you could clearly see that from the game yesterday as he was by far and away our widest player in the entire match despite only playing the first half. As i said before, i thought he looked very good, and showed signs that he could easily barrage his way past defenders. Had great pace (even considering he's been out of action so long), a trick or two, and a great first touch.
His Wikipedia page (yes i know not all that reliable) says he is a winger, and the way Gus swapped him reguarly from the right to left wing suggests he would be a worthwhile addition to the squad.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
His 'pedigree' is impressive, if nothing else. Ajax, NAC Breda, Willem II, Espanyol and Austria Salzburg. Going on the number of games he played in the dutch league he appears to be a run of the mill dutch league player which should be plenty good enough for league one. However he only played 3 games in 6months at Austria salzburg and has spent the last 18 months clubless. So that's three games in two years. Which makes you wonder if he's got anything left to give. Hopefully he has and Poyet is about to unearth a gem.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He did quite well yesterday and looked a similar but better version of Seb Carole.

Doesnt one of the new Argies play the same position and role but then Gus has said he wants 2 for every posiiton.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
thought he was seb for most of the 1st half, didn't think he was anything special tbh - looked ok on the ball but didn't really do anything with it, i would prefer seb - at least you already know he's either going to blast it high and wide or lose it to the fulback :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here