Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kettering V Fulham debate raging as to why it is not on TV

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Instead they put our tie on with Man United...:thud: :tosser:

(Note: Man United want £50 for tickets:eek:.)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Man United v Spurs, what a cracker that will be:rolleyes:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
In recent years there have been some terrible FA Cup draws in TV terms, no attractive ties, and they have had to really scrape the barrel to come up with 3 or 4 matches.

To be fair, this was not one of those, there were loads of half-decent match-ups.

With the best will in the world, you can't say Everton v Liverpool, or Man Utd v Spurs aren't good ties. Derby v Forest is also a great match to show with Clough's arrival.

The ones that could/should have made way are Hartlepool v West Ham and Cardiff v Arsenal. I would much rather have watched Kettering v Fulham than either of those two.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Its a shame that they have missed out on tv exposure. Is it something to do with Kettering being sponsored by Palestine Aid which may be considered a touchy subject at the moment?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Man United v Spurs, what a cracker that will be:rolleyes:

Can't wait. All the excitement and romance of the cup, in one never-to-be-repeated tie. Sigh.

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Can't wait. All the excitement and romance of the cup, in one never-to-be-repeated tie. Sigh.

Agreed. Been there done that. Yes its two 'big' teams, but its BORING. They played each other in the fourth round last year, and that was on tv too wasn't it?:yawn:

I haven't seen which of Setanta or ITV are showing it, but i guess they decided that they'd get a more global audience? Not me though.

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
In recent years there have been some terrible FA Cup draws in TV terms, no attractive ties, and they have had to really scrape the barrel to come up with 3 or 4 matches.

To be fair, this was not one of those, there were loads of half-decent match-ups.

With the best will in the world, you can't say Everton v Liverpool, or Man Utd v Spurs aren't good ties. Derby v Forest is also a great match to show with Clough's arrival.

The ones that could/should have made way are Hartlepool v West Ham and Cardiff v Arsenal. I would much rather have watched Kettering v Fulham than either of those two.

Are they showing all 5 that you mention? Of them i'd ditch the Forest/Derby game. Yeah its a rivalry, but they're both fairly shit (last night not included).
Hartlepool deserve a tv game after beating Stoke plus there's a decent chance of an upset there. And personally i think the Cardiff/Arsenal game will be well worth a watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here