Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kerry Mayo Testamonial Officially Against.....

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Bit boring, but better than nothing...i'll go whatever, but it'd be good to see some ex legends down for the occassion if they aren't all on their holidays!

Where did you read that?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
At last. Long due and I hope Chippy is in Kerry's team too. Never got a chance to say goodbye to him.

Well done Kerry. You deserve it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
mendoza10 said:
Dick Knight announced it at the dinner thing tonight

This is true.

Just arrived home from said dinner, and enjoyed it very much. Good food, and all the players were more than happy to chat, sign autographs, have pics taken etc...

Also, Guy Butters in particular (as we were on his table), is a flipping nice bloke.

Good to meet other NSC'ers as well, all of whom seemed very friendly.

All in all, a great evening. :)

Stevie Boy, if you see this, hope you feel better soon mate, and cheers again for the lift. :thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well, i hope Reading sign a SUPERSTAR in the summer and it raises lots of cash for Kerry:clap: :clap:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought Dick Knight had 'good contacts' within Arsenal. I seem to recall we were also going to sign a number of players on loan......

Kerry has been an excellent servant and I would have hoped the Club would have got somebody 'bigger' than Reading.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
One Teddy Maybank said:
Thought Dick Knight had 'good contacts' within Arsenal. I seem to recall we were also going to sign a number of players on loan......

Kerry has been an excellent servant and I would have hoped the Club would have got somebody 'bigger' than Reading.

We've had some rival with reading in the past - they still think they were better than us when we won the league

They are a strong premiership side now, and the league table suggests there are only 7 better teams in the country at the moment

as for arsenal - i dont think it was ever going to happen and if it did they would send under 20s from africa or something

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kerry told me himself that he is very happy with Reading.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So......

What legends would you want to see in a Brighton shirt again?

Zamora, Cullip, Virgo, Brooker, Carpenter in the blue and white stripes again would be tasty.

How about Storer or Nelson, Freeman or Wilkins?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
Kerry told me himself that he is very happy with Reading.

Good choice as well........................

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Uncle Buck said:
In fairness he is not going to say otherwise though.

He was genuine. He didn't have to say anything. He likes Coppell.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
First Half - Current XI

Second Half - Withdean XI

Although before it was called off for the first time about 2 years ago :)dunce:) there was talk of Peter Ward and Zamora playing some of the game up front. Not sure if that could happen now Ward has had some sort of knee operation, but that would be an awesome sight!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Buzzer said:
So......

What legends would you want to see in a Brighton shirt again?

Zamora, Cullip, Virgo, Brooker, Carpenter in the blue and white stripes again would be tasty.

How about Storer or Nelson, Freeman or Wilkins?

The team that produced the best performance at withdean ever, which happened to be against reading

Brighton: Kuipers ,Pethick ,Cullip ,Virgo ,Watson ,Melton ,Lewis ,Carpenter ,Brooker ,Zamora ,Hart
Subs not used: Mayo,Rogers,Jones,Lee,Webb:bowdown:

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Withdean Wanderer said:
First Half - Current XI

Second Half - Withdean XI

Although before it was called off for the first time about 2 years ago :)dunce:) there was talk of Peter Ward and Zamora playing some of the game up front. Not sure if that could happen now Ward has had some sort of knee operation, but that would be an awesome sight!

There may be a veterans game before with the oldies like Ward and Kezza mentioned Robbie Reinault will be coming.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yorkie said:
There may be a veterans game before with the oldies like Ward and Kezza mentioned Robbie Reinault will be coming.

It's gonna be a great game then. I'm sure that Kerry can get some real legends along for it.

:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here