Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kenwyne Jones

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
On that rumour site it says we are going to sign him on loan. As usual you can never take it seriously - but any takers?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yes, of course. If he is available and the deal is right, he would be an absolute signing and a half. I've always been really impressed by him when he's looked interested and I don't doubt that he would be, given the service we'd be giving him. Much more than just a lump up front, the bloke can play a bit too.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
On that rumour site it says we are going to sign him on loan. As usual you can never take it seriously - but any takers?

I thought this may be a "Goer" after reading Stoke were going to loan out 4 players to Championship clubs to fund the Owen transfer!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is this window open for Sept only?

I'd prefer we played out what we have and take it from there.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
One of the best players at the Amex last season

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Wasn't he supposed to be going to Marseille on deadline day? I'm sure I heard that on SSN. Clearly it fell through. Can't deny he'd be a good signing.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Yes, of course. If he is available and the deal is right, he would be an absolute signing and a half. I've always been really impressed by him when he's looked interested and I don't doubt that he would be, given the service we'd be giving him. Much more than just a lump up front, the bloke can play a bit too.

He has to be kept interested but surely Gus can do that?

TNBA

TTF

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
He wont be on loan as they have let him go along with Arismendi and a few others.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He has to be kept interested but surely Gus can do that?

TNBA

TTF

Abdul Razak suggests otherwise? I don't overly think we'd need Jones actually, if we did get him in then we could potentially have the problem of too many players and too many options which isn't so much a positive. I think we have the perfect balance now and wouldn't want to upset that.

Also, I know I asked before but I don't think you saw it. What does the TNBA stand for? It has fascinated me for a while!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
When did he play at the Amex last season

Sorry,I'm being as thick as shite,I'm thinking of the M'boro player.thought it was a strange suggestion.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He would tear this division apart if on his game and motivated. Wages for Owen must me massive if the need to loan out 4 to cover it. I suppose thats means a "wage deal" with Stoke is out of the question?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Loan window opened yesterday

tomorrow I think?

Jones has lots of critics at Stoke for being disinterested and I seem to recall he was branded as a lazy player aT Sunderland too but when he does amble forward and put his weight (and height) about he is a more than useful player and certainly capable of being a considerable destructive force at this level. Maybe not being expected to start every game but instead playing 20 minute cameos would suit him? If so then I reckon he would be a magnificent signing

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
tomorrow I think?

Jones has lots of critics at Stoke for being disinterested and I seem to recall he was branded as a lazy player aT Sunderland too but when he does amble forward and put his weight (and height) about he is a more than useful player and certainly capable of being a considerable destructive force at this level. Maybe not being expected to start every game but instead playing 20 minute cameos would suit him? If so then I reckon he would be a magnificent signing

Bridge was also branded as that as well though !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Jones and Del Pierro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here