Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] *** Kent v Sussex *** Match thread

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Brown delayed his declaration for too long last week and it looks like he's doing it again. I don't understand this at all

Brown isn’t playing this game.

Got to feel for Head 49 N.O. which is his current best for Sussex.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Brown delayed his declaration for too long last week and it looks like he's doing it again. I don't understand this at all

And why do it with Head on 49 and just short of the 350 lead. Tell him to spank it anywhere and then we'll declare.

A poor captain, mind you we haven't had a good one since Chris Adams retired.

Ah well, 88 overs to see off the Kent Seconds.

Jul 20, 2003
I thought for a horrible moment that we were waiting until Head got his 50.

Wasn't the case.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Lets hope we win but what was point on batting beyond 300 to win. Kent have 7/8 debutants and have no hope of chasing that against Robinson who can bowl anytime we look in trouble.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Roses match has been abandoned as a draw ('unsafe conditions') with poor Luke Wells stranded 97 not out. Gutted.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The Roses match has been abandoned as a draw ('unsafe conditions') with poor Luke Wells stranded 97 not out. Gutted.

They halted play on day three after Yorkshire's Dom Leech was injured and water rose to the surface in "key areas" of the outfield.

X-rays later confirmed Leech dislocated a joint at the side of his left knee. Would that joint be his knee then? Odd reporting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/57829613

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
. Coles goes for 12 in an over and Robinson back on. Such inexperienced batsmen have no chance of that run rate with Robinson bowling and Carson no mug

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
133-3.

I'm glad to see the back of that Kuhn, he can be quite a dangerous player.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think this has been a poor show from Sussex. We're playing Kent's Second XI, we had to go for the win here. I really don't understand why we settled for the draw. It would have never happened under Dexter, Trout or Grizz

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think this has been a poor show from Sussex. We're playing Kent's Second XI, we had to go for the win here. I really don't understand why we settled for the draw. It would have never happened under Dexter, Trout or Grizz

You're right Trout would have declared far sooner ensuring Kent win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here