Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] *** Kent v Sussex *** Match thread

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And he is going on and on. 112 not out. Why couldn't we have done this first up when there were bonus points to be had?

A lot of cloud cover on that day

Orr has had some start to his career - two 50s and a ton in his first three games.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
200-0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And he is going on and on. 112 not out. Why couldn't we have done this first up when there were bonus points to be had?

To be fair, Orr and Haines set us up pretty well in the forst innings with an opening stand of fifty.

Anyway, congratulations to young Orr - two 50s and now his maiden century in only his third first class match - some going!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
A lot of cloud cover on that day

Orr has had some start to his career - two 50s and a ton in his first three games.

Interesting, I sadly had a stupid O'Clock start and was in Sittingbourne by 8AM under very cloudy skies. Even had a bit of drizzle around midday.

Would have thought the ball would have been hooping for most of the day but clearly not!

203-0

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
250 lead, that is plenty against this Mob. Expect we will have a few more Overs in the morning just to piss off Kent by making them field again.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
250 lead, that is plenty against this Mob. Expect we will have a few more Overs in the morning just to piss off Kent by making them field again.

Would have thought that with wickets in hand it would be a good time to open up and set a target of 300 ASAP - wou;d make no difference if we declared with 2 wickets down, or 8 or 9. In fact, if we lost a few wickets whilst going for the runs, it might give the Kent batsman a bit of a worry that there is something in the pitch.

Edit: Blimey - they're doing it! Head hits 16 off three balls! 21 off the over!

Last edited:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Head being on 29 N.O. will no doubt improve his average.

Also nice to get a 100+ partnership today in a format other than T20!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
277-3 at Stumps. 293 lead.

Commentators think we need 50 more runs in the morning. I don't...

It's time more than runs that matter now. We need enough time to bowl them out. Twenty minutes (no more) of T20 type thrash in the morning (no more), never mind if we lose half a dozen wickets - and then inleash Robinson and co. on them!

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
According to someone on Twitter. Seems too random to be made up.

I once happened to see that somebody had changed Graham Thorpe'a nickname on Wikipedia to "****** man".

Never underestimate the internet's ability to make up complete crap.

Edit: You'll have to fill in the word for a bundle of sticks of wood.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Looking forward to today, a good chance of a win.

As an aside, anyone see that James Bracey managed to let through 48 byes in the Hampshire innings? To think that he was England wicket keeper just six weeks ago - he was shocking then. Incidentally, there were 81 extras in the innings - second top scorer - not a good day for Gloucestershire.

I remember a match about 45 years ago when poor Alan Mansell let through about 40 byes to Tony Greig's off-cutters and Greigy made his displeasure known. TBF, the ball was doing a bit but it wasn't a happy day for Mansell - we got Arnold Long next season

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Surely they don’t need more than 20/30 more runs here. Maybe half an hour longer so as to wear down the Kent players a bit.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is ridiculous, 337 run lead on the final day vs.a 2nd XI. Declare you silly buggers!

Brown delayed his declaration for too long last week and it looks like he's doing it again. I don't understand this at all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here