[Cricket] *** Kent v Sussex *** Match thread

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Close
Head out for 12

Another fine performance

Spot on with the number of balls!
I was hoping he would prove me wrong, believe me.
Looking forward to seeing Coles. Little bit of pressure on him to deliver, with Ibrahim and Lenham coming up with the goods.
What do you think of Harrison Ward ? Im not sure. He doesn’t move his feet much. I could see him doing very well at minor county level

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I’m liking Coles’s technique.
If you’re a betting man, put a fiver on him making his test debut at some point.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well done, Adrian Harms.

Says how well Carter's batting ... who promptly gets out

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Yes, FHP has done well since he left. I don't know about Burgess though - Carter is a better option as reserve keeper. Sussex are clearly trying to develop their youth and it looks like some will make it

That's a shame for Derbyshire, he's turned in to a decent bowling all-rounder but can't blame it - Cricketers have a short career that generally doesn't set you up for life so the chance to (I assume) earn a little more while being back close to family is quite appealing....

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Young Atkins steaming in at very impressive speed - three quick wickets, two of them with stumps cartwheeling out of the ground. Kent 59-5.

Somebobody needs to edit his wiki entry - he's definately not bowling left arm, and it's faster than fast medium too! It's not possible we've got two Jamie Atkins, is it?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Harry Finch holding them together…..of course he is!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Young Atkins steaming in at very impressive speed - three quick wickets, two of them with stumps cartwheeling out of the ground. Kent 59-5.

I'm really impressed with Atkins: he flogged his guts out on an absolute road against Yorks and picked up a Michelle.

He's got genuine pace - with Garton had at that age - but he's much more controlled than Garton was.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I'm really impressed with Atkins: he flogged his guts out on an absolute road against Yorks and picked up a Michelle.

He's got genuine pace - with Garton had at that age - but he's much more controlled than Garton was.

I saw him bowling at Headingley, bowled well even if it was for naught in the end

If I screw my eyes up enough I think his bowling action resembles Bob Willis' without the mad run up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, FHP has done well since he left. I don't know about Burgess though - Carter is a better option as reserve keeper. Sussex are clearly trying to develop their youth and it looks like some will make it

Lots of excitement at St Andrews B Hill where FHP played all his junior cricket (and his dad ran the junior coaching). Fair play to the lad, didn’t think he was going to make the grade but has done well at Derbyshire.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sussex plodding along beautifully today.

That's tea.

147 unbeaten stand for the first wicket. Ali Orr 86*, Tom Haines 52* :clap2:

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Not a bad day's work so far.

147-1*

* I'm already adding Travis Head's wicket

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Good stuff, well done the openers.

Will there be time to get a result though, or is this heading for a draw?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Good stuff, well done the openers.

Will there be time to get a result though, or is this heading for a draw?

Should be. I wouldn't back Kent to chase 300. It's almost their second XI.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Been over in Kent for Work today, horrible cloudy and humid weather, if they can't bowl us out in those conditions it is unlikely they will do much now the Sun is out.

Every chance we will put the foot down in this session and look for another 90 or so runs.

Keep Batting and make them take to the Field for a few in the morning? No way Kent will chase 250 or so.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
nobody mentioned Ali Orr's maiden 1st class 100? Quite a talent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here