Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kent V Sussex, Canterbury, LV Championship

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Rain has delayed play, anyone around that area who can give us a local weather check.

Squads yet to be released but rumour was, Hoppo gets dropped down the order and Yardy to open with Nash, with Adams coming in at number 3.

Mushy injured again and may not play, I believe Collymore may be coming into form.

Sussex have changed their web site

Sussex County Cricket Club

Most of the pages will not work for me.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Overcast, gloomy, light drizzle.

No clear signs of improving.

Sussex Women take on Nottinghamshire at The County Ground, Hove
03rd June 2008
Match starts at 11am on Sunday 8th June
The Sussex Women’s Senior side play their second County Championship match on Sunday 8th June, in a top of the table clash against Nottinghamshire, at The County Ground, Hove.

After the teams successful win over current County Champions, Kent back in May, Sussex are looking to repeat their performance on Sunday, in what could be a crucial match to the campaign of winning the County Championship.

Sussex and Nottinghamshire are currently at the top of the table after the first match, with Nottinghamshire winning in a high scoring first game against Berkshire.

Sussex captain Alexia Walker is looking forward to her second match as new captain; “We are all looking forward to building on the good start we have made to the campaign. Notts are a good side and put in a good performance against Berkshire. But we hope to apply ourselves better in the batting department and continue our good form with the ball and in the field. It is also a great opportunity to play at the County Ground in front of our home supporters.”

Come and support the Sussex Women’s County Championship campaign on Sunday at Sussex County Cricket Ground, Hove from 11am, entry is free to all.

Sussex Squad v Nottinghamshire:

Alexia Walker
Caroline Atkins
Rosalie Birch
Charlotte Burton
Holly Colvin
Clare Connor
Sara Lord
Laura Marsh
Kate Oakenfold
Nicky Pym
Sarah Taylor
Lucy Uncles

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Again the weather gods havent been kind to Lancashire, blatant hampering on their title bid, and just letting Sussex play their way into unrightful contention of the County Championship.

Lancashire are so unlucky, but as we all know, they deserve the title, but the weather is halting their chances

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Mush better be playing I need him for my fantasy cricket!!!

Oh and so we can win

We will ask him to take double his tally against Lancashire in the next home fixture, so ditch Freddie et al now.

From yesterdays argus
Mushtaq Ahmed is a doubt for Sussex's Championship match against Kent, starting in Canterbury tomorrow.The veteran leg-spinner injured his knee when he slipped in the footholds whilst bowling in the nets

"It is on the same (right) knee he had surgery on last month but this injury is unrelated."

Off-spinner Ollie Rayner has been added to the squad.
Sussex (probable): Nash, Hopkinson, Yardy, Goodwin, Adams, Prior, Wright, Martin-Jenkins, Mushtaq Ahmed or Rayner, Lewry, Collymore.

Any one have any weather news from the Kent region, its lovely still in Brighton

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Dont worry lads , we can beat kent in 3 days, :bounce:

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Dont worry lads , we can beat kent in 3 days, :bounce:

Play abandoned for the day I assume, I hope we can get another win, we ceratinly have won in three days previously. Kent are looking more resiliant this year, especially with Yasir in the side.

Lets hope we get play Saturday morning.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Any one in the Kent region that can give a weather shout, the BBC report looked like more rain. Whats it like out there, could do with a days play to at least get some bonus points.

They should all drive down here and play on the level today, Glourious in BN2. Been out to Lancing beech this morning aleady with the dog, only got me feet wet but the water was lovely and warm already.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Kent v Sussex at Canterbury

Starting at last.

Canterbury: Kent v Sussex
Weather: Overcast
Wicket: Firm
Kent: J L Denly, R W T Key (Capt), J C Tredwell, M van Jaarsveld
D I Stevens, J M Kemp, G O Jones (Wkt), Azhar Mahmood, R McLaren
Yasir Arafat, R H Joseph.
Sussex: C D Nash, C D Hopkinson, M H Yardy, M W Goodwin
C J Adams (Capt), M J Prior (Wkt), L J Wright, R S C Martin-Jenkins
R G Aga, J D Lewry, C D Collymore.
Sussex won toss and decided to field
Umpires: R K Illingworth and N A Mallender

071546 JUN 08

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Underway at last

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Wow playing then bad light stopping play, lets get a two innings game in and max bonus points.

Come on Collymore, Lewry and Aga blow them away...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here