Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kent captain resigns

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
Just read on BBC ticker that David Fulton has resigned his captaincy, probably best to fall on ones sword than have to put up with well justified grumblings from players and spectators alike next season.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Perhaps the most bizarre declaration/run chase ever and I still cannot fathom why he did it.

Only Fulton will know why

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Paddy B said:
Perhaps the most bizarre declaration/run chase ever and I still cannot fathom why he did it.

Only Fulton will know why

It stunk. Big time.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
:eek:

widely disliked,so he made everyone leave and now goes too.:angry:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Trying to win,because the only option, no matter how difficult,was to win.His crime was upsetting Hampshire and Sussex folk,for that he should be given the keys to Canterbury.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The Large One said:
Scuse my pig ignorance, and I know Shane Warne had a big swipe at him in the paper this week, but what exactly was Fulton's crime in this particular match?

Essentially the two captains 'agree' a declaration point, from which both sides have a genuine chance of victory. It makes the game a spectacle.

Ok so you have the farce of 'declaration bowling' as one side throws on numpties to bowl for a bit so the required target can be set in the set number of overs.

Notts vs Kent, a Notts win would mean they were Champions, and the agreed declaration was set with Kent needing an impossible number of runs in 70 overs. As a result, Notts could just attack, attack, attack, and see the wickets fall as Kent chased an impossible total.

Result, Notts win match and title, leaving Fulton a target for every other captain in the country. Good time to step down fella, but you'll NEVER live it down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here