Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kenny Dalglishs' resignation at Blackburn

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I know this one has done the rounds before, but one version of events following Blackburn winning the Premiership was as follows:

Jack Walker "Kenny, you have won us the league for the first time this century, how can I ever repay you, who do you want to sign, just name him, I don't care about the price"

Kenny " First player I want is Trevor Sinclair from QPR"

JW " Sorry Kenny, we don't do black in Blackburn"

Kenny " In that case I resign"

No idea if it is true or not, but was told this years ago by a Rovers season ticket holder who owns a half share in a horse with Colin Hendry.

It is a redneck area up there:nono:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Trigger said:
I'm sure Jack Walker was still about when they signed Martin Dahlin...

Yeah but he's not 'proper' black is he? Rasicst peoeple are stupid, that's why SWP got moer abuse than anyone at Madrid, coz he was 'blackest'.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
f***ing racism week or something. My housemate Dave was called 'paki' this and 'paki' that by the bouncers at the Ocean Rooms last night. He's well shook up by events.

You won't catch me back in there anytime soon, thats for sure.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What was all this about Dwight Yorke yesterday? I caught a bit on the news that he'd had monkey chants aimed at him?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
D'Angelo Saxon said:
f***ing racism week or something. My housemate Dave was called 'paki' this and 'paki' that by the bouncers at the Ocean Rooms last night. He's well shook up by events.

You won't catch me back in there anytime soon, thats for sure.

That's the place where the accountant, Jay Abatan from Eastbourne, was murdered. It was a test case for Sussex Police. It still hasn't been cleared up and was taken in some quarters as indicating that Sussex Police suffered from institutional racism. Ken Jones said that the case was one of his key priorities when he took over as Chief Constable. I don't know if they've made any progress.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I have heard that story too from a number of sources. Also heard that he once referred to Blackburn wing back Roy Wegerle as Roy Wogerle once as some kind of sick racist joke!

Mind you Kenny's bust up with ugly mug Peter Beardsley is just as interesting ...

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Lokki 7 said:
Come on ONTLW, don't leave us in suspenders...

It occured when Kenny was managing Liverpool and Beardsley and Kenny's wife had a massive bitch fight. There were all sorts of allegations flying about. Allegedly Mrs Dalglish told her hubby to drop PB and then sell him.

A few years later when KD took over at Newcastle the Magpies directors brought the two families together, because Beardsley was such a legend on Tyneside and made them make-up.

On the Left Wing said:
It occured when Kenny was managing Liverpool and Beardsley and Kenny's wife had a massive bitch fight. There were all sorts of allegations flying about. Allegedly Mrs Dalglish told her hubby to drop PB and then sell him.

A few years later when KD took over at Newcastle the Magpies directors brought the two families together, because Beardsley was such a legend on Tyneside and made them make-up.

I do like a happy ending :)

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Lokki 7 said:
I do like a happy ending :)

But it didn't cos the wives still hated each other .... can't remember what happened next but it ended in tears rather than hugs!

Scarface said:
Didnt hear any abuse until Wright-Phillips came on, then they all got it. :angry:
#
Youi should have turned the sound up (unlike Spanish TV who purposely turned it down so you couldn't hear it at all well) and then you would have heard them rip into Ash;ey Cole every time he went for the ball:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here