Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ken Clarke M/P.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Ok,he may not be the youngest kid on the block,and maybe it is to late now to change things,but i can't understand why Clarke never appointed shadow chancellor ? Osborne to me seems lightweight and unsure of himself. :wave:

Attachments

• article-0-0334C28C000005DC-517_468x648.jpg
    article-0-0334C28C000005DC-517_468x648.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 169

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Clarke knows his stuff and one of the first ever Health Ministers who was a smoker

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Was considered too pro-Europe at the time the Tories united behind a Euro-sceptic agenda after the 1997 General Election.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Best conservative politician there is, by a country mile.

Got us out of the last recession very skillfully. Hated by the right wing head-bangers and xenophobes in the Tory party for his pro-European stance, but even the like of Simon Heffer now think Clark should be given a more prominent role ( ie chancellor ?) if the conservatives are to win this time.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
The only Tory worth listening too.

Should have been elected leader a long time ago, but as with all parties, they are trying to follow the 'Blair blueprint' to success. i.e a smiling with goon, who is good with the occasional sound bite but does not have any actual policies, or any belief in what they are saying.

All style no substance.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Best conservative politician there is, by a country mile.

Got us out of the last recession very skillfully. Hated by the right wing head-bangers and xenophobes in the Tory party for his pro-European stance, but even the like of Simon Heffer now think Clark should be given a more prominent role ( ie chancellor ?) if the conservatives are to win this time.

Agree with that 100%. I like him (and I'm not a tory)

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Agreed, if Ken Clarke was leader of the Brigand Party, they would walk the forthcoming election.

Thank God he is not.

:smokin::smokin::smokin:

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
I'm no Jeremy Paxman but didn't the fact that he married his mum count against him?

Dandyman

In London village.
Agreed, if Ken Clarke was leader of the Brigand Party, they would walk the forthcoming election.

:smokin::smokin::smokin:

But surely that would not leave him any time to flog fags to Vietnamese toddlers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here