Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ken Brown

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
I know he does players contracts and managers etc but there is something about him i don't like,just don't know what it is.Why can't Dick Knight still do this side of things since he is still involved with the club? Maybe Poyets contract would have been tied up by now?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I know he does players contracts and managers etc but there is something about him i don't like,just don't know what it is.Why can't Dick Knight still do this side of things since he is still involved with the club? Maybe Poyets contract would have been tied up by now?

Because it's not Dick's money and he is out of touch with modern day football?

Oh hang on that may well apply to Ken Brown!:dunce:

He doesn't inspire a lot of confidence does he but if Broom the saviour trusts him then so do I.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

Not meaning to sound aggressive, but how can you form an opinion on a man you've likely never met, working on things you don't know about?

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
I don't like him either, and neither did Millwall fans when he was managing director there.
Since he has been in charge (2 years ago, put in place by Knight) there seems to be less concern about the fans in dealings with the club, and more concerned with professionlism.
While professionlism isn't bad per se, and some good things have come from this, there is still an aura of lack of concern.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I,d describe him as aloof, arrogant and a smarmy bastard................and those are his good points.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't like the fellow either. Seems like a cold fish with no real enthusiasm for the Albion. Struck a bit of a bum note at the Player Sponsors Dinner when he was called upon to do an intro on the mic to introduce the manager. Said something like 'And now, here to say, a few words - Gus Poyet'. When the assembled diners broke into a bit of polite applause, Brown felt moved to say 'I hope that's the last time Gus gets a round of applause for reaching 59 points!' To be fair, he said it in a jokey way, but you couldn't help but wince.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
AHEM!!!!!
Don't upset the 'Insider'

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I don't like the fellow either. Seems like a cold fish with no real enthusiasm for the Albion. Struck a bit of a bum note at the Player Sponsors Dinner when he was called upon to do an intro on the mic to introduce the manager. Said something like 'And now, here to say, a few words - Gus Poyet'. When the assembled diners broke into a bit of polite applause, Brown felt moved to say 'I hope that's the last time Gus gets a round of applause for reaching 59 points!' To be fair, he said it in a jokey way, but you couldn't help but wince.

A bit unfair.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Oh, here we go

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Woo Hoo

Don't get me started.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i also find theres something about him that i dont like, abit like mandleson and brown, slimely

Ken Brown was a sales rep about 12 years ago for an insurance company.
He used to call on me to sell his products however was eventually made redundant.
I was surprised that he got the job at Millwall however one of his mates was on the Board. Have always been surprised that he got the job at the Albion however I suppose it's who you know?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Vindicated!!!!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I've heard he kills seagulls and that he has a picture of Peter Ward on a dartboard I also hear it was his fault Calderon didn't sign.

Can't reveal me source.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Ken Brown? Should be Ken DOWN

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Come on then. WHERE are all the bloom LICKERS on this thread? 'blah blah got to trust bloom' ect.

I await all the LICKERS to come out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here