Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kelvin Davis or Casper Ankergren?

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Im still quite confused at how Davis has got into the PFA League One team of the year.

Casper has been Player of the month twice this season.
Davis has not.

Casper 20 clean sheets this season.
Davis 18.

Brighton are champions
Saints are not.

Please someone correct me if im wrong but I don't think Davis should be in it at all... ??????

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Davis is a very good keeper as is Ankergren.
Ankergren has had an exceptionally good second half of the season whereas the voting was done in Jan/Feb.

Maybe if the voting was done now the result would be different.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Having only see Southampton play once I wouldnt know, but on the match highlights on the beeb he always makes brilliant saves that keep them in the game.

Casper has the stats, but behind the defence he hasnt really had a lot to do except time waste and punch stuff

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
It's a traversty Casper didn't win it. But i'd imagine given its voted by fellow pro's his timewasting & generally making opposition players look silly didn't bode too well for him.
On ability i'd have put the following g/k's ahead of Davis too
Joe Lewis
Alex Smithies
Paul Jones
Jamie Jones

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think I can explain how Davis won it.

Keep in mind this is an award voted on by the players

It pretty much comes down to us being so dominant in a lot of games.

With quite a lot of games where Casper had very little to do he wouldn't be that fresh in the memory of other teams players.

Southampton on the other hand have struggled at times so Davis would have been called into action far more during games than Casper.

So by being no where near as good as us Southampton's keeper gets more votes by default due to his sides performances.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Haven't seen Davis too often, but he's always struck me as a quality keeper when I have watched him. I think the lack of saves Casper has had to make may be what's swung it away from him rather than his time wasting etc

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
It's voted for by players. I suspect most of them hate Casper given some of his antics!

Who gives a shit - We're CHAMPIONS!!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Casper has the stats, but behind the defence he hasnt really had a lot to do except time waste and punch stuff
I take it you haven't been to many games lately. If you have you must have been looking elsewhere! Casper has been brilliant over the past month or so. Winning the player of the month award when we won 8 out of 8 as a goalkeeper, nicely sums his contribution up to me!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
even his own fans were amazed that Davis won it.
Not convinced that Casper is the best though - there are one or two useful stoppers in this league..... Smithies, Hamer, Lewis, fon Williams finding form etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here