Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
great :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
mushroom_cloud.jpg

Scene at the Madejski Stadium, just after Neil Warnock realises Gillespie has been sent off within ten seconds of coming on

:lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Funniest thing was Warnock trying to defend it on Sky Sports News.

Very difficult to explain, but basically he throws his arm back and says *something like)

"well - that's one of those...."

Throws his arm back again (I couldn't tell the difference)

"...and that's one of those, he did one of those"

Throws his arm back again

"..you see these all the time, not as bad as the other type"

Then says "he deserved to get sent off anyway.."

:lolol:

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I LIKE Neil Warnock.

He's an honest guy, yes he winds the hell up out of some people, but usually only ones who deserve it, like clubs that think they're bigger than they are (Leeds?).

He's a passionate bloke, I'd much rather listen to him shouting and swearing than someone like Glenn Roeder, the human equivalent of wallpaper paste, droning on, or Sam Allardyce/Mark Hughes rolling out the same tired old lines every week.

There are few managers I can be arsed to listen to in press conferences. Steve Coppell is one of them, Stuart Pearce another, and Warnock fits into that category. Whereas I don't know why even the press bother to turn up to hear other managers speak, because their responses are exactly the same, week after week:

Wenger: It wasn't our fault because the referees didn't protect my players against the bullies.

Hughes/Allardyce/Moyes: It wasn't our fault because the referees favour the big clubs, and these decisions are costing people their livelihoods [yeah right]

Redknapp: plucky old Pompey, well you know, we're struggling on with our meagre squad against all odds, well you know, and I need another ten signings by the end of the week, you know, and it's a miracle we're here, you know, and it's all my doing, i'm a human messiah in fact. But even I still need another ten players.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
edna krabappel said:
I LIKE Neil Warnock.

He's an honest guy, yes he winds the hell up out of some people, but usually only ones who deserve it, like clubs that think they're bigger than they are (Leeds?).

He's a passionate bloke, I'd much rather listen to him shouting and swearing than someone like Glenn Roeder, the human equivalent of wallpaper paste, droning on, or Sam Allardyce/Mark Hughes rolling out the same tired old lines every week.

There are few managers I can be arsed to listen to in press conferences. Steve Coppell is one of them, Stuart Pearce another, and Warnock fits into that category. Whereas I don't know why even the press bother to turn up to hear other managers speak, because their responses are exactly the same, week after week:

Wenger: It wasn't our fault because the referees didn't protect my players against the bullies.

Hughes/Allardyce/Moyes: It wasn't our fault because the referees favour the big clubs, and these decisions are costing people their livelihoods [yeah right]

Redknapp: plucky old Pompey, well you know, we're struggling on with our meagre squad against all odds, well you know, and I need another ten signings by the end of the week, you know, and it's a miracle we're here, you know, and it's all my doing, i'm a human messiah in fact. But even I still need another ten players.

He loves Brighton as well. The last time we played them at Brammal Lane he devoted his programme notes to us.

Apparently his love of Brighon is due to scoring his best goal against us (I'm sure many players can say a similar thing) and his liking of the city as a destination.

edna krabappel said:
I LIKE Neil Warnock.

There are few managers I can be arsed to listen to in press conferences. Steve Coppell is one of them, Stuart Pearce another, and Warnock fits into that category.

Agree with all that.

Plus he looks a bit like my old nan, who I loved to bits.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Have to watch MOTD tonight to see! :lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Safeway said:
I also have a grudging respect for the silver-haired lothario, despite his Palace connections and inability to accept we were the best team in Division 2 in 2002.

and he can't keep his hands of other men's wives (allegedly)

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
_42475073_long66.jpg

Does this look familiar? It seems to resemble the oft-banned and removed "other" Reading picture which appears here on a regular basis.

"Within 10 seconds of coming on as substitute Gillespie was heading back down the tunnel after being shown a red card by referee Mark Halsey for throwing an elbow in the direction of Hunt.

As Gillespie headed down the tunnel he threw another punch at Hunt, and as tempers rose, backroom staff from both sides became involved.

Reading coach Downes was sent from the touchline for shoving Blades' boss Warnock, who followed him to the stands.

A football match eventually broke out again......" Worth the admission fee to see the toys going everywhere.
_42475125_warnock270.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here