Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keith Allen will burn in hell.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I actually don't think there is much difference between these sorts of nutters and the muslim terrorists. They do as much as they can get away with. If they thought they could get away with going round killing homosexuals, then they probably would. I too thought that Louis Theroux did it better. The bits when he wasn't interviewing them were good though.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Keith Allen took a more combative approach than Louis, particularly the bit where he was sat on the sofa with the older woman and asking about the legitimacy of her oldest son, which I thought was a bit unnecessary. This sect really are nutters and are turning the Bible round completely, my understanding is that most organised religions embrace a concept of love thy neighbour and forgive and forget, not this lot. I guess that is the way of any extremist group, take some religious text and read into it what you want to justify your aims. The saddest thing for me is that the children have been brainwashed completely and sucked into the whole show. However, turning up at funerals and behaving in the way they do, how can anybody expect to have their views respected if they behave like that.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I didn't particularly like the way Allen went about the whole legitimacy issue but I think he was right to bring it up. He was clearly going in with the stance that it is fear that causes them to behaviour like they do, fear of going to hell for children out of wedlock, fear of homosexuality because they (Fred Phelps) may infact be gay. Pointing out their hypocrisies highlighted what I felt was a valuable point in that they were potential sublimating their own neurosis or deviant desires into the extremist Christian dynamic.

Funny thing about Fred is that he was a lawyer who won a few important cases for blacks civil rights.

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
he was sat on the sofa with the older woman and asking about the legitimacy of her oldest son, which I thought was a bit unnecessary.

you what? he didn't ram this point far enough. this woman was going on and on about how these sorts of people are going too hell but she herself falls into the same 'damned' category. but becasue she has 'repented' it's ok, but gays and everyone else can't and as a result are going straight to hell. and where is any encouagement from these people to 'show the light' to the rest of us if they believe they are so sure. her whole f***ing argument is filled with contradictions to the point where she's just a rambling, ignorant moron.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here