Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keith Allen will burn in hell.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
"Thank God for Aids" Thats a nice banner isn't it. The Phelps are nutters, glad Allen is doing this documentary.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Whilst it's obvious that the Westboro types are ****s, I think Keith takes it a bit far when effectively at the end he's having a go at all religion and saying that bits of the bible are the problem. I'd argue (as an atheist) that it's not so much the book itself that's the problem (not that I particularly agree with lots of it), but the INTERPRETATION these Westboro freaks choose to take from it, much like radical Muslims do with the Qu'ran.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Having never read the bible I couldn't tell you whether the interpretation is good or bad but surely these things must be in their in some form it's just interpreted differently by all level of followers of the Christian Religion. I had a mate who was a christian who actually had no problem with homosexuals, even had gay friends, but still said chance are they are going to hell.

I'm not a fan of Keith Allen. I think he's got severe 'short bloke syndrome'. IMO he lost the moral high ground when he initially confronted the illigitimate son and not Phelps herself and just because someone can shout louder doesn't mean they're winning the argument. However I thought some of the voice over cut aways were very funny and as the Westboro lot are so ridiculus (sp) all you can really do is take the piss out of them.

I think he made his film before Louis Theroux, but I wait to be corrected.

Benny Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Louis did it better.

not sure what i prefered. lois had a lot more elegence in his style of interviewing but really ejoyed keith having a good shout at them and that's what we all want to do. there's no point trying to rationalie with or understand these people.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Now I wouldn't wish AIDS on anyone, but I wish his daughter would get Aids, that would shut him up a bit :)

What? Are you missing the point of this thread? Am I missing the point of your post? I think someone's got confused here, or you've signed up to these Westboro nutters.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What? Are you missing the point of this thread? Am I missing the point of your post? I think someone's got confused here, or you've signed up to these Westboro nutters.

I THINK he's making a joke which relies on the differentiation between AIDS (the disease) and Aids (the nickname given to the NSC poster currently known as 1066gull, whose real name is Adrie).

If it's not that, then :shrug:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here