Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keepers

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If Villa won't let Henderson stay another month we'll be seeing an awful lot more of this guy - so he'll have every opportunity to improve.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Michel was in goal when we got beaten by Bristol Rovers in the same round last year.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Yorkie said:
The keeper and defence have got to build up an understanding and that doesn't happen in one match.

Its about commanding your box .. FDM does so did Blayney .. if you have somebody who is confident behind you the defence then grows in confidence ..Its a nice feeling for tank to know that FDM or Blayney is comming for that particular ball rather than having to deal with player and cross with keeper rooted to his line

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Are you talking about an individual game? Because I'm talking about the difference FDM makes over a period of games. We've conceded 10 goals in 5 games so far this season. That simply isn't good enough. The FDM makes a huge difference to the team. He wins us points, controls the penalty area and the back 4 have confidence in him. That's why I want him back a.s.a.p. It doesn't sound like the french lad or henderson have those qualities in the same abundance that kuipers does.

Ergo, get fit quick FDM!!!

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Yorkie said:
Michel was in goal when we got beaten by Bristol Rovers in the same round last year.

I thought it was Roberts???? I am sure I remember seeing him try to dribble out of the box and get caught by one of their players?

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Rusthall Seagull said:
I thought it was Roberts???? I am sure I remember seeing him try to dribble out of the box and get caught by one of their players?

he was injured

i think he just needs a bit of time. yes, he didn't do too well tonight, but he wasn't really helped by what can only be described as awful defending. as for people saying he should go - don't be stupid, half of you haven't even seen him yet

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Really and truly we should break the bank to get blaney.

Ok if soton tell us to piss off then fine, but at the moments its 'oh until neimi is sorted then it looks like its dead in the water'.

f***ing sign him up.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Really and truly we should break the bank to get blaney.

Ok if soton tell us to piss off then fine, but at the moments its 'oh until neimi is sorted then it looks like its dead in the water'.

f***ing sign him up.

If we were going to bust the bank for Blayney we should have done it 6 weeks ago. He could have had a few pre-season games to get back the rapport and understanding he had with the defence last season. Then we could have gone into the season with a decent keeper, a settled back 4 and good lines of communication between the two.

Unfortunately we went into the season with a relatively untried keeper who had met the team for the first time a day or two before the first game. Which isn't ideal...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here