Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'keeper Penny set to sign.

YBOH

Banned
May 27, 2011
Sovereign Harbour
Friends of mine, at the Juan Aurich v The Strongest Libertadores game last night were chatting with the Aurich keeper, Diego Penny, post match. Penny confirmed he's been chatting with the Albion's management team for some time and will now leave JA. Despite their win last night, they're out of the Libertadores now. It seems he's been promised 1st team football (no surprise, let's be honest) and has agreed personal terms and a 4 year deal in principle.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Penny's from heaven!

Claretfan77

Apr 6, 2012
It's opportune I'm visiting this site tonight.

He was our reserve keeper for 2 years. When he did play, he was far from impressive.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

YBOH

Banned
May 27, 2011
Sovereign Harbour
It's opportune I'm visiting this site tonight.

He was our reserve keeper for 2 years. When he did play, he was far from impressive.

With all due respect (well, not really I suppose) I don't think playing for Burnley really inspired him. It did though, make him see other parts of England he would fancy, if an opportunity came up. He was instrumental in JA winning the league last year, has played in the Libertadores this year and (I could be wrong here) has a few international caps. A good stopper and all round keeper. He will improve the Albion's first XI, no doubt.
Sorry about Burnley tho...

Claretfan77

Apr 6, 2012
With all due respect (well, not really I suppose) I don't think playing for Burnley really inspired him. It did though, make him see other parts of England he would fancy, if an opportunity came up. He was instrumental in JA winning the league last year, has played in the Libertadores this year and (I could be wrong here) has a few international caps. A good stopper and all round keeper. He will improve the Albion's first XI, no doubt.
Sorry about Burnley tho...

My mistake. He wasn't crap. It was just living in our town. Feel free to pay him a fortune over a very long contract....

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
My mistake. He wasn't crap. It was just living in our town. Feel free to pay him a fortune over a very long contract....

:D Have to agree with you here I'm not sure what Burnley has to do with it, Besides were Brighton not Barca!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I get sceptical any time the phrase "guaranteed/promised first team football" is uttered. No manager worth his salt would agree to that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here