Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep The Faith

seagull1971

Aug 8, 2003
Cyprus
I can't aggree with that post saying the three teams are top of the league because they have played us, Plymouth beat Cardiff away then Sunderland at Home. Wigan convincing winners against West ham away mid week. No i think we have possibly seen 3 of the play off contenders this year,

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
seagull1971 said:
I can't aggree with that post saying the three teams are top of the league because they have played us, Plymouth beat Cardiff away then Sunderland at Home. Wigan convincing winners against West ham away mid week. No i think we have possibly seen 3 of the play off contenders this year,

As I have said..I was joking. I expect all three to at least make the play offs.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Top post Richie! Good man!

:clap:

We always knew we were going to struggle this season, but even withstanding doofus substitutions from Magoo, I'm sure we will survive. The boys are fighters, do not forget that. And so the hell are us fans.

:D

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
We're only 3 points behind Forest and they haven't lost yet.
It is to early to panic yet.We lost 12 on the bounce and only just went down last time.Anyway if we don't go down we will have loads on here moaning how boring it is being in the same division 2 seasons running.
F**k me we might have to go back to Reading again.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Im getting sick to death of people moaning now. Excuse my french but or fucks sake stop moaning about us not spending money etc.

Richie Morris today (24/08/05) said:
Yeah we are to blame for putting up with crap every week and shelling out extortionate wads of cash to sit in a shitty ground with no roof watching shit football and every other week travel in large numbers to some shitty little town to sing for 90 solid minutes.

:nono:

:drink:

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
they are berks, but they weren't when this thread started early last season.

Incredigull

In Cervesio Felicitas
Nov 28, 2003
Mile Oak
Originally posted by Richie Morris t.

We have new players who are bedding in. That takes time.

[/B]

Nearly all the teams are in this position.

We have some slow players out there.
I want the Albion to do well, but some will never be up to it sadly.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Richie Morris said:
There are 4 games gone. Four. That is not a lot. For three of them we have not had our leading scorer and our best midfielder in Carpenter has not played yet.

We will not lose as many games in a row as we did last time we were in the division and even then we nearly stayed up. It is not time to give up yet.

We have new players who are bedding in. That takes time.

There will be 5 or 6 teams at the bottom slogging it out this year, we have not played any of the teams I would expect to be down there. It is these teams we must take points off, losing to the likes of Reading and Wigan away is to be expected. Judge us after we have played the likes of Gillingham and Rotherham at home.

McGhee knows what he is doing...we just need to keep the faith and remain patient. It will be ok.

This time next season we will still be in this league, have a better team and Falmer will be being built. Lets all do our bit by staying positive and getting behind the team

We ended last season poorly, sold our saviour, and have started the new season by continuing the downward spiral. What is there to be optomistic about this year? Our only hope seems to be Falmer, and that is by no means certain to get approval! :nono:

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
London Irish said:

The king of the search facility strikes again!

(For everyone who hasn't noticed - all posts prior to L.I.'s post were made last year. I think the point might just be that Richie's attitude this year and last is quite a contrast)

Richie Morris today 25/8/05 said:
I have to say I agree with Ernest about a lot of things. Isolated wins against Millwall and Rotherham is really quite rubbish and I think it is even worse because of the extreme efforts a lot of fans have gone to to follow the team, help the Falmer campaign, donate money etc.

McGhee is a LUCKY manager and I think his luck may have run out. That said I dont think there is any point sacking him because nobody else would want the job. Stick with him and hope for the best and if we go down then get someone in and give them the summer to shape their squad.

Keep the faith :drink:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
How do you find these things LI? I wouldn't have a clue what someone wrote last season, let alone when they posted it?

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
No, I mean the original post from last year. I know that Morris is a bit of a hysterical girl when it comes to team matters but I wouldn't have had a scooby that he had such a contrasting opinion this time last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here