Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keep Calm and Carry On

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I've been away from the board for a few days having took the better half to Swindon for a few days away camping.

I am alarmed on my return to see all the pant wetting and negativity from vast swathes of the board. Now is the time not to panic, Russell and the backroom staff did a tremendous job at the back end of last season and whilst admittedly it has been a somewhat dissapointing start we've only played 4 games and there is plenty of time for Russell to turn our fortunes round, we're not playing particularly badly, just one or two flaws need to be ironed out. So lets get right behind Russell and the boys and give them our support when they need it most.

In Russell we trust.

:ascarf:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I maintain, as I've said since pre-season that we are going to be at the arse end of the table for at least 2-3 months. It's not fun and some of the performances seem to have been alarmingly piss poor which I wasn't expecting but I'm still not feeling the despondency that Micky Adams instilled in me after 5 or six games last season, I too think Slade will get it right...if he's given a bit more time, it was apparent quite early, to me, that MA had lost it last season, I don't feel Slade has.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I can see your tent on Google Earth!!.. just in the middle of that big roundabout.. see it!?

msn_magic_roundabout_470x350.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I've been away from the board for a few days having took the better half to Swindon for a few days away camping.

I'm seeing Swindon tonight at Molineux. Last year I saw Accrington Stanley almost knock out Wolves in extra time and this year I am positively SALIVATING at the thought of witnessing a extra-time or shoot-out giant killing.

Anyways, I agree about the not panicing bit. Slade will pull through and people have been telling me good things about Eliott Bennett.

Ditto to keeping calm.

I've been enjoying the beer, women and sheep of North Wales and kept an eye on events from afar.

As is usually the case, an awful lot of people on here have absolutely no patience and want to throw all the toys out the pram at the first sign of trouble. Well I suspect things will come right although the defence is clearly in a state and I will be supporting the team at Millwall on Friday.

They are our team so get behind them and the manager and take a chill pill.

Oh and what happened to Ask Natterjack?

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm seeing Swindon tonight at Molineux. Last year I saw Accrington Stanley almost knock out Wolves in extra time and this year I am positively SALIVATING at the thought of witnessing a extra-time or shoot-out giant killing.

Anyways, I agree about the not panicing bit. Slade will pull through and people have been telling me good things about Eliott Bennett.

Bennett looked class every time he got the ball on Saturday. Most excited about this signing, he's going to be a bit special I reckon...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Who cares about keeping calm and Russell etc, just tell us more about what it's like to CAMP in SWINDON.....

I had a fabulous time, lovely campsite overlooking rolling green hills on one side and the fair town of Swindon on the other. We were very lucky with the weather, Wiltshire is an underrated county.

:clap:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

I am alarmed on my return to see all the pant wetting and negativity from vast swathes of the board. Now is the time not to panic, Russell and the backroom staff did a tremendous job at the back end of last season and whilst admittedly it has been a somewhat dissapointing start we've only played 4 games and there is plenty of time for Russell to turn our fortunes round, we're not playing particularly badly, just one or two flaws need to be ironed out. So lets get right behind Russell and the boys and give them our support when they need it most.

In Russell we trust.

:ascarf:

Ohh get you coming on here with your high and mighty plea to the people. We use this site to follow our football team. We aren't all poor lost souls looking for a heroic leader to put things in perspective for us. Don't you come here telling me when I can or can not start panicking, or how much time there is left or making great sweeping bidblicalesq 'we trust' statements. In fact if the only reason we should back Slade is because our mighty leader has FAITH then you're admitting you have no other EVIDENCE to go on. We are capable of our OWN thought processes now f*** OFF back to Swindon.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wiltshire is an underrated county.

:clap:

I don't doubt that Wiltshire has some lovely areas, but from experience of various trips there, I would venture that Swindon isn't one of them.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
...perhaps dropping in on Basingstoke on the way home?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:bounce:

This thread is very apt this evening, no knee jerk reactions to a dissapointing cup defeat. Lets take stock of a decent performance and with some quality players getting some game time it can only bode well for the future.

Lets stick with Slade, he will get things right if he's given time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here