Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keane - The most successful group in the UK since the Beatles.

Keane - The most successful group since the Beatles

• Yes - they are superb

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Meh - not bothered either way

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • No - they are posh boys with no place in pop

Votes: 22 31.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What you on about, US? They've done 4 albums. Just checked.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't own an album of theirs and mostly i quiver or change channel at the sight of them, but i do have a soft spot. The keyboardist, Clark-Kent-esque Tim Rice-Oxley was my assistant for a few months when i was a youngster in publishing. It was the days of Napster free to download unstoppably in workplaces and i felt i'd introduced him to some good alt. stuff at the time. It seemed to have had no influence on him though and i felt i should have worked harder to get him on a correcter path. Grandaddy, i remember him enjoying, and now not sounding at all like. The lead singer and i had an argument briefly over nothing in particular as he worked at Dorling Kindersley also and i recall the foul glare he delivered me during it. Thanks to that i still want to punch his portly baby face when i see him unattractively warbling on tv. Tim was a nice and human guy though. Back then at least.

Musically, i find them drab, and, as ever, it's often the most unstartling that best sell.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I actually find this stat quite interesting as I was 14 when Hopes and Fear was released. I remember when Under the Iron Sea came out a couple of years later. I honestly didn't realise that they had released any albums after that.

Probably because they are just a bunch of posh cnuts, born with silver instruments in their hands, who play shit, repetitive, music .

Last edited:

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
They named themselves after a maid or something at boarding school, no doubt over cream cakes and lashings of ginger beer, fnark

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What you on about, US? They've done 4 albums. Just checked.

Correct. But they have topped the album charts 5 times as an EP also go to No 1.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I do find I like Frank Turner a little less since I found out he has right wing opinions.

His solo stuff was never as good as Million Dead anyway. :angel:

Now he's one posh public school boy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not a fan of their music but I warmed to the singer when I found out he went on a 4 day coke bender. That's reasonably impressive.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Fair play to them - they are serving up what masses of people in the country seem to want to listen to. It seems to be fairly typical to knock anyone who is successful in this country for anything they do. If I had the ability to write and play music like them and make millions I definitely would. It might be easy listening but they seem to give the public what they want. Good luck to them.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
They named themselves after a maid or something at boarding school, no doubt over cream cakes and lashings of ginger beer, fnark

I thought they had been quoted as saying they named themselves after Roy as they were all Manure fans.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Meh.

I don't see how they can 'have no place in pop' when they are clearly so popular..., so it's a bit of a ropey poll.

I wouldn't choose to listen to their music though and don't see why anyone could get really excited (in a positive or negative sense) about it because it's just so... bland.

Jameson

I really like them and have tickets for the Hastings Beer and Music Festival when they are topping the bill :) Lots of fans this way as they are from Battle.

Under the Iron Sea my favourite album.

I think Pink Floyd were a bit posh too, don't see anyone knocking them for it.

Named after the school matron at Vine Hall school in Johns Cross just out side Battle on the A21 just down from the big camping /caravan shop. The son of the ex headmaster of Vine Hall founded The Eden Project. There are quite a few MILFs who send there children to Vine Hall.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I've always liked a bit of Keane, it's more background music though rather than something I'd be desperate to keep listening to.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex

:bigwave: How is your gorgeous little boy? I took him a big bag of jelly babies to the last home game when I was in WSU seats and you had let your mate have the tickets!! so his little boy ended up with them!! I owe him a bag of sweets as he shared his refreshers with me last time!!!

Your mate was extremely funny and didn't stop talking the whole game!!! He did have the biggest bar of chocolate though I have ever seen which he did share so all was well!!!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
A couple of really good tracks , other then that theirs nothing about them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here