Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keane -- Perfect Symmetry

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Can anyone who owns Hopes and Fears honestly say they would ever rush to listen to it again? Overexposure is an understatement for those tunes - obscene amount of radio play, used all over the place on tv progs etc. etc.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
That and making f***ing DULL music.

Music for people that don't like music...

definitely the case for the first album - utter Coldplayesque wank

but the second album I actually liked massive parts of it , although that could be due to Scrubs using a few tracks off it

not sure about whether I'm going to bother with the third one

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
How anyone could deny that Bedshaped isn't a good song is beyond me.

Not a massive Keane fan but they do produce some brilliant songs, Bad Dream is also quality

Haven't heard the new album yet, will track it down today.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Can you honestly say they have ANY redeeming features? Really? Does any of their output move you in anyway OTHER than to lull you to sleep? It's lift music. Music for supermarkets.

It's not that I dislike them intensely, it's simply that they're so bland they inspire me to rebel against them.

Well I've seen tens of thousands of people sing along to 'Somewhere Only We Know' at Glastonbury to great effect.

And down a Tube station in the early hours of one morning, I saw/heard dozens of random people sing along with a busker playing the same song.

Those people were moved. No lifts were involved.

The fact that you don't like them isn't going to affect their - or my - fondness of the song/band. But thanks for your contribution to the thread.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I lost interes tin Keane as I thought their second album was very average although what I have heard of the new one isn't bad, the new single is excellent almost Killersesque which is definitely a good thing.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
did they get a deal because one of their Daddys own a record company because rgeir music is toilet

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I never understand why people get so worked up about certain bands. Snow Patrol, Keane & Coldplay seem to generate the most hatred. Strange.
I'll check out the new Keane album - liked the first one.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I never understand why people get so worked up about certain bands. Snow Patrol, Keane & Coldplay seem to generate the most hatred. Strange.
I'll check out the new Keane album - liked the first one.

SPOT ON! I don't understand it either. A lot of it is just plain old bandwagon jumping. I like to think I've got pretty decent and broad music tastes and am certainly no particular fan of those three, but the vitriol aimed at Coldplay/Chris Martin is frankly bemusing, same for the other two to a lesser extent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here