Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazim-Richards transfer request turned down

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
In the Argus today...

Written transfer request turned down by the club.

McGhee says: "It has been refused because we have made an investment in Colin.
"I am determined to make him into a player."

Also says the fee we paid for him was £55k downpayment with an additional £45k based on appearances.

Mentions Parkin coming on as sub for Ipswich on Tuesday as well.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Just like he managed with Leon Knight eh?

Knight can't even control himself

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Richie Morris said:
Just like he managed with Leon Knight eh?

He tried but it looks like Leon is a lost cause for now. Do you not remember his parting shots at the club?

CKR and Leon are different people and there is hope in CKR, even if it is very small.

D

Deleted member 2719

Well done Mcghee/knight we can't afford to keep letting the talent go.
Now MM must man manage the guy and get him working for us and an automatic promotion should be a very realistic chance.

:clap: :clap:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Great Cornholio said:
On the flip side, if he isn't on the list and we sell him, we have to pay up his contract. Only if he requests to be sold does he lose that.

Isnt it if he gets less money at new club?

The Great Cornholio said:
On the flip side, if he isn't on the list and we sell him, we have to pay up his contract. Only if he requests to be sold does he lose that.

I don't think this is true. If you buy a player just after he has signed a new 4 year contract his old club has to pay him the 4 years out in full? Nah.

Good work from McGhee and the club on this one. It is important that we do not let the player engineer a move out on the cheap. If he goes then he goes, but we must ensure a good price if that happens.

Lokki 7 said:
I don't think this is true. If you buy a player just after he has signed a new 4 year contract his old club has to pay him the 4 years out in full? Nah.

If the player wants the move and hasn't requested a transfer then it can be negotiated. But if a player doesn't hand in a transfer request and is sold against his wishes, he is entitled to the remainder of his contract paid up.

I have never heard this before. I know where I work people on fixed term contracts have a notice period which has to be paid up if they are poached, usually 3 months. Paying a player out 2 years or more sounds bizarre.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
From the Argus

Albion reject transfer request
by Andy Naylor

Albion have rejected a written transfer request from Colin Kazim-Richards.

Manager Mark McGhee says he is determined to turn his maverick striker into a player.

Kazim-Richards, 19, handed in his request following Albion's opening League One victory at Rotherham last Saturday.

He was only named on the bench for the match at Millmoor and was then substituted in the closing stages after coming on in the second half.

Kazim-Richards was left out of the squad for Tuesday's 1-0 home win against Gillingham.

But McGhee still wants the player Albion bought from Bury last summer for a £55,000 downpayment, plus £45,000 based on appearances, with the proceeds from a Coca-Cola competition won by Seagulls supporter Aaron Berry.

Kazim-Richards was signed on a three-year contract and McGhee said: "The transfer request has been refused because we have made an investment in Colin.

"I am determined to make him into a player. We've had no interest in him from any other clubs and he has no grounds for asking for a transfer.

"We need players. The last thing we need is to lose players.

"I want to see Colin working as hard as the 11 boys who started and the ones who went on as subs the other night and working as a team member.

"He has to do the job according to our rules, to do what we want him to do. If he harnesses that to his strengths then he can become a terrific player."

Albion were still waiting for a response last night from Ipswich to their interest in Sam Parkin.

The former Swindon striker featured as a late substitute in Town's 1-0 defeat at Wolves on Tuesday and the Seagulls' biggest problem could be persuading him to drop back down from the Championship.

Ex-Newcastle winger Martin Brittain is on trial at Ipswich after playing in pre-season for Albion.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
cardboard said:
"I am determined to make him into a player. We've had no interest in him from any other clubs and he has no grounds for asking for a transfer.

"We need players. The last thing we need is to lose players.

"I want to see Colin working as hard as the 11 boys who started and the ones who went on as subs the other night and working as a team member.

"He has to do the job according to our rules, to do what we want him to do. If he harnesses that to his strengths then he can become a terrific player."

Fair play to McGhee. CKR has to learn to knuckle down and let his football do the talking. One day he might actually thank the manager for saving his career before it's really got off the ground. :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here