Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazim-Richards to Fenerbache

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I remember a couple of years ago a club trying to blag that the the sell on clause included any subsequent transfer in the future. I don't think they got away with it

But then there is a huge loop hole.

Club X buys a player for 100k and a 50% sell on from club Y.

Club x then gives the player to club z and then takes the player back and sells for 1.5 million

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does anyone else on here not give a damn?

If we get anything for him, consider it a bonus.

PS a fiver says he's back in the UK within a year, complaining about being treated unfairly, abused by the fans, played out of position and under-appreciated by the boss.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Does anyone else on here not give a damn?

If we get anything for him, consider it a bonus.

PS a fiver says he's back in the UK within a year, complaining about being treated unfairly, abused by the fans, played out of position and under-appreciated by the boss.

Like in Sheffield?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
So what have we been conned out of, Badger?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I've always though it something of a crime the way Knight has handled this business. We were GIVEN £250k. We spent about £85k signing CKR, and the rest was to be used on his wages over THREE years. So, I'm presuming he was on somewhere in the region of £55k a year. Problem is, he was only here for one year. So the total outlay on him was £140k (£85k transfer fee, and £55k on one year's wages). At this point, there should still have been £110k in the pot. We then sold him for £150k, which in my mind should also be put back into the team. That's a total of £290k that, from what I can see, has not been used on a player - when the money has come from a fan winning a competition specifically for players only money. Now I realise the club probably haven't broken any rules, and there is no way the money has to be re-invested indefinitely, else we could be buying players with the same coke money in ten years, after six different signings. But, I do think that as CKR left the club 2 years before his original contract was due to expire (the time over which that money was to be used), the board have conned us big time out of £290k, and have effectively profited from a competition win that they had no right to.

perhaps DK has been studying at the ken bates school of football fiddling:D

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I've always though it something of a crime the way Knight has handled this business. We were GIVEN £250k. We spent about £85k signing CKR, and the rest was to be used on his wages over THREE years. So, I'm presuming he was on somewhere in the region of £55k a year. Problem is, he was only here for one year. So the total outlay on him was £140k (£85k transfer fee, and £55k on one year's wages). At this point, there should still have been £110k in the pot. We then sold him for £150k, which in my mind should also be put back into the team. That's a total of £290k that, from what I can see, has not been used on a player - when the money has come from a fan winning a competition specifically for players only money. Now I realise the club probably haven't broken any rules, and there is no way the money has to be re-invested indefinitely, else we could be buying players with the same coke money in ten years, after six different signings. But, I do think that as CKR left the club 2 years before his original contract was due to expire (the time over which that money was to be used), the board have conned us big time out of £290k, and have effectively profited from a competition win that they had no right to.

Has it not been put back into the team? We have had Bertin, Savage and now Whing.

I think profited should be used in the loosest of terms. I would be interested to know what has happened to this money, if it hasn't been used to sign the trio mentioned above - obviously if we were on the brink of bankruptcy, then I would be happy for it to go in the black hole. Perhaps you should write to the board?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks

Do you have the small print on the Coke competition and the documented details about how the club used the money?

No? Fairless pointless discussion then.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
http://www.fenerbahce.org/detay.asp?ContentID=7767

A lot of people on here don't give a toss, but there are some who do, so for info, Colin will sign tomorrow morning, for Fenerbahce, for a fee that's nowhere near the £540k... add a little more and you might be in the right ballpark. We are getting a decent cut so that should please some on here.

Not a bad turn around from last August and the 'sub getting subbed' issues amongst others!

Finally, I've been asked to pass on thanks to those who have offered him support.

All the best Kaz!

Awaits the usual.....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Thanks for the info. Jam.

I only know a few snippets of what went on, but I felt that we were hard done by with his efforts. I am sure the Leon influence did not help.

When you compare him to someone like McShane who played his heart out, even though he was only here for experience, then there are obviously going to be detractors of him. Even if we were just a rung on the ladder, I expected more from him.

Good luck to him - He could have been a great Brighton player. All in all I am glad that we will be in line for a decent fee and that should be the end of this long saga. Well done again for winning the club even more money!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Thanks for the info. Jam.

I only know a few snippets of what went on, but I felt that we were hard done by with his efforts. I am sure the Leon influence did not help.

When you compare him to someone like McShane who played his heart out, even though he was only here for experience, then there are obviously going to be detractors of him. Even if we were just a rung on the ladder, I expected more from him.

Good luck to him - He could have been a great Brighton player. All in all I am glad that we will be in line for a decent fee and that should be the end of this long saga. Well done again for winning the club even more money!

Cheers! At least the first response didn't slaughter me! LOL...
We should be well chuffed with the total fees now... considering we paid around £50k for him, SUFC gave us treble that and I reckon a similar sum is also on the way..

Football is not a perfect game and i know i wasn't the only one gutted by what happened, but it'll happen again i suppose at some other club.

Hopefully, like you say, it's time to move on...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here