Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazenga

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Not much hype on here for him? Everyone is too busy banging on about Vicente and Barnes.

Kazenga was unbelievable against Millwall, totally unplayable.

If teams are worrying about Vicente, it'll be a lot harder for them to double up on LuaLua.

What do you do? Let him skin you down the line, or let him cut inside and hit a ball harder than most players in the country?!

He's got a massive part to play. Vicente may well be the best player we've had in my lifetime, but LuaLua absolutely caning it past defender after defender is an absolute TREAT.

Never could quite work out what people were on about when they said he'd lost his pace...

lualua19.02.jpg

Dec 29, 2011
I've never seen him not skin someone, however when teams realise his game is stepover and heavy touch to the left he'll have to change his game.

His service is weird, he never seems to pick anyone out, but the balls are always so dangerous (maybe because of the power).

I would like to see him start more often, he's a joy to watch.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I've never seen him not skin someone, however when teams realise his game is stepover and heavy touch to the left he'll have to change his game.

His service is weird, he never seems to pick anyone out, but the balls are always so dangerous (maybe because of the power).

I would like to see him start more often, he's a joy to watch.

Will he? Will they be able to catch him?
Will they be able to stop him cutting inside and thumping the ball so hard?

Dec 29, 2011
Will he? Will they be able to catch him?
Will they be able to stop him cutting inside and thumping the ball so hard?

Yes the full back doesn't press so hard so the pace won't be a problem if he goes outside. CDM then moves across to tackle / show inside if he decides to cut inside. Isn't too hard to defend against. FWIW i'm a big fan of KLL, i'm just saying his game seems a bit on dimensional atm.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not much hype on here for him? Everyone is too busy banging on about Vicente and Barnes.

Kazenga was unbelievable against Millwall, totally unplayable.

If teams are worrying about Vicente, it'll be a lot harder for them to double up on LuaLua.

What do you do? Let him skin you down the line, or let him cut inside and hit a ball harder than most players in the country?!

He's got a massive part to play. Vicente may well be the best player we've had in my lifetime, but LuaLua absolutely caning it past defender after defender is an absolute TREAT.

Never could quite work out what people were on about when they said he'd lost his pace...

lualua19.02.jpg

Agree with all this.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011

lualua19.02.jpg

Was thinking about this the other day, you could see how LuaLua often had opportunities to take on someone one on one while they were watching Vicente, also the likes of Buckley, even Liverpool were doubling up on him.

Also, from the start of the season I beleive most teams pinpointed CMS as our main target and often doubled up on him to stop him scoring. However since his lack of goals and the threat of Buckley, LuaLua, Vicente and Barnes etc it should supply CMS with more freedom to get into space/get past marker and shooting opportunities.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Was thinking about this the other day, you could see how LuaLua often had opportunities to take on someone one on one while they were watching Vicente, also the likes of Buckley, even Liverpool were doubling up on him.

Also, from the start of the season I beleive most teams pinpointed CMS as our main target and often doubled up on him to stop him scoring. However since his lack of goals and the threat of Buckley, LuaLua, Vicente and Barnes etc it should supply CMS with more freedom to get into space/get past marker and shooting opportunities.

To be honest, Barnes seems to be up to the job of finding the spaces and goalscoring opportunities while players like Buckley/Vicente are being closely watched.

CMS doesn't appear to be managing it, sadly.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I am so happy we signed him up permanently,as you say could be very important for the run in.It was strange why he has hardly played since being our best player at Anfield.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Only when KLL came back to the side, did I realise Noone wasn't all that, in comparison.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I slagged him off at the start of the season, eating humble pie now and think he's probably equal to Buckley. Mattock, Lua Lua and Vicente were a joy to behold on Tuesday. Hope all 3 start Saturday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think LuaLua has got much better playing with Vicente, some of the moves those 2 do together are brilliant!
Cadle/Buckley on the other side, on Tues, and I'd have needed The St John's Ambulance with a ready supply of oxygen.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
To be honest, Barnes seems to be up to the job of finding the spaces and goalscoring opportunities while players like Buckley/Vicente are being closely watched.

CMS doesn't appear to be managing it, sadly.

But CMS is still targeted at the moment whilst we play one up top. The full back and winger/CM can take LuaLua. Centre mid on Vicente and the 2 centre backs are up on CMS, he has no chance of winning the ball in the air or getting into space with both of these on him. With our current system think we play better with Vokes up top who can hold it up much better than CMS, have nothing against the lad, just our current system doesn't support him.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
The one thing he gets a bit of grief for is his final ball, which to be fair to him is improving. Has so much more to his game now rather than just sprinting past defenders like he did last year, for example his awareness in supplying Vicente in both Pompey and Derby games which resulted in goals.

Be very interested to know how much we paid for him, in this case undisclosed is just that!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
KLL playing to Vicente for the Barnes goal against Derby was sublime.But if Vicente hadn't been there,would anybody else in the team had the vision to bring off that move?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here