Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kaz has lost his pace

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
If we actually played with two wingers then maybe the opposition wouldn't find it so easy to crowd out the one winger who has started.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we actually played with two wingers then maybe the opposition wouldn't find it so easy to crowd out the one winger who has started.

That is a good point, Calde seems to have lost that pace to attack so we were only attacking from one side during the first half.

Orlandi cannot play as a winger either

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
KLL was dreadful tonight, audible sighs of relief when Buckley came on. He does run head down and he does get double teamed and the two things combined are my frustrations. If 2 or 3 players are trying to tackle KLL that's a f*** load of space somewhere else we should be exploiting and he should be seeing. I agree he's best as an impact sub, when defenders are tired he'll be under less pressure and have more time to look up and do something effective.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He should never start ful stop, he is an inpact sub, last 10 - 15 minutes at most. How anyone can say he should start haven't a bloody clue about football.
So Gus hasn't a bloody clue then. Gus out.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Totally agree with Dobbie comments - looked uninterested, did not challenge as much as he should and also bottled one challenge altogether.

I am less than convinced by Dobbie so far. He looks as if he doesn't give a toss. He needs to shape up.. and quickly.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
KLL was up against Edwards tonight, who was the best player on the pitch by some distance.

He had him in his pocket all night, and dealt with Bridge too. Only a fresh Buckley gave him any sort of problem.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

And maybe neither of them would ever get the ball as we'd be totally outnumbered in midfield.

As for Kaz, Edwards was searingly quick as he showed with one of his first half runs. If he can't outrun his marker then he's not really got the tricks. Doesn't make a him a bad player - just one who won't always be effective.

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
KLL was up against Edwards tonight, who was the best player on the pitch by some distance.

He had him in his pocket all night, and dealt with Bridge too. Only a fresh Buckley gave him any sort of problem.

Agree totally, great ball for their goal by Edwards, had KLL sussed from the off, he knew how to deal with him. It's not always going to go our way.

Own Goals Galore

Sep 28, 2011

Totally agree. Edwards was top boy tonight. Think he put the ball in for their goal too. Looked quality

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Not only has he lost his pace, but I think he's lost his brain too...

He is becoming a bit of a one trick pony and his crossing also leaves a lot to be desired.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
He had a good shot today something which we hadnt seen for a while and we nearly scored off the rebound.

But I agree with the above Edwards was excellent tonight and did a brilliant job on him.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
If he was getting treatment in the warm up that might explain it a bit. He just seemed to be missing confidence today and made a couple of poor decisions too. Normally I get so excited when he gets the ball as he does something with it just didn't happen for him today. Agree that With Buckley not having a great game Saturday he was right to be dropped today. Will be interesting to see what happens when David Lopez gets fit to play 90minutes and with Orlandi and Buckley I'm not sure Lua Lua will get much of a look in... I want him too though as he can be such an exciting player.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
thought he was looking promising in the second half and was surprised was taken off.

This. He started poorly and gave away the ball with his first 5 touches but then he was getting into the game and was taken off. Not sure about the pace comments as I thought Ipswich marshalled him well.

D

Deleted member 18477

This. Some people are weird! Edwards is very quick! He might be 33 but he's quick!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is a good point, Calde seems to have lost that pace to attack so we were only attacking from one side during the first half.

Orlandi cannot play as a winger either
There's something not quite right with Calde.
He's half the player he was last season.

It's almost as if he's reluctant to cross the halfway line.
As opposed to not wanting to go back again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here