Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kane to Bayern Munich?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Idiotic comment. But I may have missed irony. Germany is a fantastic country with great people and great food as well.
Disagree . The language is the worst sounding European language, sounds harsh and aggressive to the ears . The diet is terrible , lots of processed red meat , sausages etc . The weather is generally worse than in Sussex . I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with the people not nowdays ( other than they are generally not well dressed with no style ) but I certainly won’t choose it over Italy or Spain .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seeing as how Kane's been at Tottenham for nigh on 20 years and he and his missus have a gaggle of young kids just settling into the school years, what's the realistic chances of them upping sticks and moving to Germany, or anywhere else for that matter? All this speculation just looks like a bit of arm-twisting by Team Kane to get a bigger pay rise out of Tottenham

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Kane is tremendously skilful
Don't get me wrong, I acknowledge that he's brilliant, but he's not a master technician of close control and dribbling. That's what i mean by skillful. Ronaldo (both), Messi, Suarez, Salah. All top goalscorers who were brilliantly skillful. Kane doesn't do that. As you and others have said, he is just a monster at being in the right place and brilliant finishing which is a hell of a talent to have.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Englands record goal scorer going to Germany of all countries . You couldn’t make it up . Won’t even get a suntan and a decent diet . Terrible stodgy heavy red meat food there . Far better off in Italy or Spain much nicer environment.
The German national team do reasonably well considering all they do is eat pork knuckles under heavy skies.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The German national team do reasonably well considering all they do is eat pork knuckles under heavy skies.
Think their diet is starting to catch up with them ! Nothing personal , just think they are nicer European countries to live in for quality of life , weather , food & style .

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If he joined Bayern he's pretty much guaranteed trophies, more so than joining United. Surely this trumps the possibility of being 2nd in the all time top flight scoring table? Most of us were surprised by most of the entries in this list....which shows how much interest and attention it gets. I mean, who thinks of Shearer as the 4th highest scorer? Many more things come to mind first.
I think he does. I think trophies are number one but if he can combine that with the personal accolades he'll be delighted IMO.

On a personal level I think there is a big pull to being able to say when you retire that you are:

a)England's all time national team top scorer(although he'll be that wherever he plays...)
b)The premier league all time top scorer
c)The English top flight all time second(or possibly top) scorer.

Bayern are for sure the better trophy bet. He's guaranteed at least one a year I'd imagine plus decent champons league runs. Man utd though will also be in the trophy equation, especially with his goals.

Is winning the league for the 12/13/14/15th time with Bayern more appealing than winning a few cups and maybe a league with united while also achieving all those personal landmarks?

I don't know but I suspect it'll be a big pull.

I do hope he goes to Bayern though.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Disagree . The language is the worst sounding European language, sounds harsh and aggressive to the ears . The diet is terrible , lots of processed red meat , sausages etc . The weather is generally worse than in Sussex . I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with the people not nowdays ( other than they are generally not well dressed with no style ) but I certainly won’t choose it over Italy or Spain .
The weather worse than Sussex? Hahahaha. Continental climate, far more predictable than England and where my family live in the black forest they ALWAYS count on a great summer which can easily be better than our best weather well into October. Hahaha again. Oh and snow for winter sports etc. Marvelous.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
He’ll go to Man U. Exactly the sort of player that they will throw daft money at. He’ll break the scoring records and win a league cup.

Munich and the surrounding area is a fantastic place to live BTW. Predictable weather, nice summers and 3 hours by train from the Austrian ski resorts. I can’t see Kane leaving the UK though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Think their diet is starting to catch up with them ! Nothing personal , just think they are nicer European countries to live in for quality of life , weather , food & style .
It's an interesting discussion. When we moved we were not bound by anything other than the 27 EU countries, we thought long and hard about where we wanted to live but we very quickly made a distinction between living in a country and visiting a country. We considered all the things you mention plus all aspects of culture plus public services. For us, and all things considered, Berlin won and for us it ticks all your boxes to varying degrees. Paris has better food, Spain better beaches, Copenhagen is cleaner, but as an all-round package and for ease of living we're happy.

For the record it came down to Barcelona and Berlin and I have never regreted the choice bar the odd moment in January when it is -10.

PS I also lived in your cherished 'Church Rd' neighbourhood before I left :wink:

Last edited:

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
Levy must be fuming - Joe Lewis has completely undermined his negotiations, surely? If Bayern are preparing a new bid, maybe they should drop it by £10M or so because he must be sold. Levy no longer has the option to say. "Pay the price or he just stays with us". If there's only one bid on the table ...................
First time I have ever heard Joe Lewis comment on anything Spurs related. Thought he left everything to his son-in-law Levy? Sounds like Levy has agreed a deal with Bayern and trying to spread the blame around. The Germans seemed pretty confident of getting him and as the Euros are in Germany it may be no bad thing to have Kane playing there. Plus it will probably wind up my son-in-law so all good then!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
anyway, my beer has arrived. Cheers!

blondes-beers-germany-soccer-sarah-brandner-2677x2110-sports-football-hd-art-wallpaper-preview.jpeg

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Your name vill go on ze list

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tough audience for the fatherland, today :rolleyes:

At least they don't stick spaces before full stops, though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here