Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kanchelskis

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I like your optimism, Simster.

If only life were really like that. ???

If he's doing the business for us, what's the chances of him being the next Sidwell?

Once bitten .........

Get him signed up as soon as the first goal goes in if we're serious about him.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Eddie the Seagull said:
Why not give him a month to month contract?

Because he'll do well for us.

And then sign for Reading.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Er, isn't the only reason he is considering playing for us because he doesn't want to be away from his family? Therefore, if he does agree to play he'll probably be here for the whole season...

???

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
He lives in East Grinstead so he is probably just as close to Millwall and the Scum as us and really no problem to get to Reading. If he impresses and wants to join then get him signed up, if hes after serious cash weve no chance and hell go elsewhere.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I see in the Argus today that a deal is 50-50 because he has got large offers to play in Japan and Russia. But would also like to stay in the area here.

It would be good to see him get a short term deal to see if it works out and if it does, then try to sort out something more permanent.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
If he doesn,t sign up just having him train with us must have done the players some good. I,ll be amazed if we do get him to sign.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Seems more likely, in this context of likely, that almost a pay per paly deal would be proposed. For Andrei he envisages being at a club, any club in England as long as the commute isn't too bad, and to have a few games as a shop window to clubs as the top of the first or the lower tier Premier. It's quite endearing that today the player simply wants to keep his family where it is and be with them, anything else a bonus and playing football in Saudi a downright chore.

There was a tricky issue for Andrei, depending on your appetite for conspiracy theories, that say's Andrei has been bound to an agents tie in with a certain Eastern European organisation which historically has seen him spend a specific length of time at a club and then move on for the cartels pocket, though it is now beleived to be no longer the case as this arrangement is no longer lucrative given the vlaue of Andrei.

Seagull Stew

There was a tricky issue for Andrei, depending on your appetite for conspiracy theories, that say's Andrei has been bound to an agents tie in with a certain Eastern European organisation which historically has seen him spend a specific length of time at a club and then move on for the cartels pocket, though it is now beleived to be no longer the case as this arrangement is no longer lucrative given the vlaue of Andrei.

Errrr........ ???

Last edited:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It would be great if AK joined us but I can't see it somehow. We're probably just a convenient stepping stone and we're closer than Pompey, Saints and Palace to East Grinstead (I think!).

:( :(

Jim Byrne

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing / Cheltenham
IF and yes that is a huge IF . . he does sign . . and his name doesn't fit on the shirt . . surely he shd have AK on the back and number 47 ??

A. K

:jester:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Zebedee said:
It would be great if AK joined us but I can't see it somehow. We're probably just a convenient stepping stone and we're closer than Pompey, Saints and Palace to East Grinstead (I think!).

:( :(

Regarding Pompey and Saints, I don't think he's still up to prem standard. Palace? Not sure!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here