Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kalvin Phillips

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why off the pitch? I’ve never heard anything. In fact the complete opposite. Patrick Bamford cited him as the nicest guy in football on his podcast with Joe Wilkinson. Pep constantly said what a model professional he is. Always seems a decent fella - am I missing something?
Interesting podcast that

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Going to Ipswich. Quite a come down.
From an integral part of an England starting 11, to being a strong favourite for championship football next season. I would have gone abroad if I was him for one last payday. Maybe the MLS or Saudi

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Still has 4 years left on his alleged 150k a week Man City deal. No wonder he can’t be arsed anymore.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Good to see Ipswich putting up a battle.

Not against relegation of course - no chance - but a couple of more additions like this and they should be able to reach 20 points.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
West Ham paid £3m for half a season, so it could potentially be costing £6m.
After his period at West Ham I very much doubt City would be able to command the same amount.

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
I think Ipswich are being written off far too soon. Like Luton last year. Yes, I know they were eventually relegated but I thought Luton had the right mentality for the fight — unlike Burnley and Sheff Utd. I’ve seen a lot in Ipswich and their manager to impress me. Equally, you’d be mad to write off Kalvin Phillips. He must know he’s been given a great opportunity here, and has to take it. Main danger is that they have a tough start against Liverpool and City, then Brighton and Villa shortly after. If they get pummelled in all these games they might struggle to recover. But I’d still bet on them to survive.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Holding out for 12 months and hoping his mentor and biggest cheerleader Gareth Southgate bags a club job somewhere?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Holding out for 12 months and hoping his mentor and biggest cheerleader Gareth Southgate bags a club job somewhere?
I think he will keep his huge city contract until the end and be loaned out to ever decreasing clubs.

Reactions: SAC

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think Ipswich are being written off far too soon. Like Luton last year. Yes, I know they were eventually relegated but I thought Luton had the right mentality for the fight — unlike Burnley and Sheff Utd. I’ve seen a lot in Ipswich and their manager to impress me. Equally, you’d be mad to write off Kalvin Phillips. He must know he’s been given a great opportunity here, and has to take it. Main danger is that they have a tough start against Liverpool and City, then Brighton and Villa shortly after. If they get pummelled in all these games they might struggle to recover. But I’d still bet on them to survive.
Good early shout there. I kind of agree. Interesting to see how they do against saints.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I agree about Ipswich. I disagree about Philips.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here