Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kaiser Chiefs New Album

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Be Here Now is actually quite an underrated album and I give it a few airings, but the same cannot be said of Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants, which was poor.

Heathen Chemistry was also excellent. People knock Oasis but there's still not many better bands live.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Oasis look like they're thoroughly bored (who can blame them?) and just going through the motions now.

They were rubbish at Glasto last time. Pants at the Brits...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Dynamite at the City Of Manchester Stadium though...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I'll have to take your word for that because I - and I suspect many other former fans - wouldn't dream of paying money to see them again.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'd say Primal Scream after two pretty good albums, made five or six blinding albums. Agree with Super Furries as well, and i'd add Belle and Sebastian

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
LED ZEPPELINS ALBUMS WERE ALL AMAZING

Hmmm....Houses of the Holy?
Presence?

Of course, this always going to be subjective; I've always thought of Primal Scream as third-rate Stones and IMHO, Steely Dan couldn't put together five minutes of interesting music let alone five albums - so, there you go.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
just saw someone slag off Razorlight to, great f***ing call. More of the same, catchy tunes but shit. Stumble and fall was the only decent tune on the first album.

The Chemisrty Brothers and Doves have been consistently good.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Don't agree about Zepp, they released some shit.. the only band I can think off who never stopped improving is probably the Beatles, but a shout to The Who and The Rolling Stones, who despite releasing some rubbish have been consistantly good through the years.. A bigger bang is a quality album!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Gwylan said:
Actually, that's a good question. How many bands who have released, say at least five albums. can boast no duds?

Three Mustaphas Three: five albums, five classics. And all Sabah Habas Mustapha (or Colin Bass as his mum knows him) stuff since then has also been excellent.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Several other bands have made it through at least five before they started releasing what I would consider duds.

REM were great up until Green, which was either album #6 or 7, depending on whether you count Chronic Town as a short album or a long EP. The Ramones got as far as End of the Century (number 6 including It's Alive) And both Sonic Youth and Nick Cave were well into their careers before going tits-up for the first time...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Les Biehn said:
just saw someone slag off Razorlight to, great f***ing call. More of the same, catchy tunes but shit. Stumble and fall was the only decent tune on the first album.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Good shouts there Les (although I've only got two Chemical Brothers albums, they are both top). Doves are quality and Razorlight VASTLY overrated shite - destined for the Radio 2 playlist in about 10 years, along with The Kooks.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Simster said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: Good shouts there Les (although I've only got two Chemical Brothers albums, they are both top). Doves are quality and Razorlight VASTLY overrated shite - destined for the Radio 2 playlist in about 10 years, along with The Kooks.

Dear god, the f***ing Kooks. Not a big fan of the Fratellis either.

Both the Bees albums are good.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Pavilionaire said:
I think Be Here Now is actually quite an underrated album and I give it a few airings, but the same cannot be said of Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants, which was poor.

Heathen Chemistry was also excellent. People knock Oasis but there's still not many better bands live.

I agree with what you said here.. but Heathen Chemistry is not good, but not as bad as Standing on the shoulders or giants

The New Kaisers album is good :) not as good as Employment though

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Les Biehn said:

Oh I dunno. I like the Chems, but think it's a sliding scale from Dig Your Own Hole onwards, with each containing fewer peaks and fresh ideas.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Wozza said:
Oh I dunno. I like the Chems, but think it's a sliding scale from Dig Your Own Hole onwards, with each containing fewer peaks and fresh ideas.

I dunno, I would say Surrender is their best album.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Actually, I'd like to change my opinion. I got with a pretty STUNNING bird on Wednesday night while Ruby was playing! It's not actually THAT bad .. if your pissed...

rest of the album is still shit though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here