Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kaiser Chiefs New Album

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Took them f***ing long enough, theyve been living of Employment for ages..

Saying that, how many bands nowadays follow up with a decent second album? Oasis had it right when they kept a few track back for their next project!

I think theres just to much pressure to be an overnight success, you see these new bands just throw all their material into that one big album (which might have taken years to write) and then they are expect to follow up with something equally as good and it just isnt going to happen.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
¡Cereal Killer! said:
Should be getting it in the post tomorrow. Ruby is a brilliant song, but I hope your wrong about the album beint toilet :(

Ruby is one of the better songs in the album, with the lyrical genius of 'Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby' being the main chorus.

Put it that way...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Withdean Wanderer said:
Absolute toilet.

That is all

What he said.

One of my staff insisted on playing it at work today, and I really wish they hadn't bothered.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I was listening to a few of the tracks on the channel 4 live music thing and liked em. The only 1 I didnt like was the one the albums named after. erm the mob or somthin.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Drumstick said:
I was listening to a few of the tracks on the channel 4 live music thing and liked em.

To be fair you like black men yelling at you in big cars, so your music opinion doesn't count.

:lolol: :lolol:

Love you really.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Biscuit said:
Took them f***ing long enough, theyve been living of Employment for ages..

Saying that, how many bands nowadays follow up with a decent second album? Oasis had it right when they kept a few track back for their next project!

I think theres just to much pressure to be an overnight success, you see these new bands just throw all their material into that one big album (which might have taken years to write) and then they are expect to follow up with something equally as good and it just isnt going to happen.

Point taken. Though (in terms of new music anyway) Razorlight and The Killers have had pretty decent second albums

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
clearly i missed that. because the album i heard was TOILETPOO

:lolol:

One of those albums that 'grows on you':D

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Ive not heard the Killers latest album if I'm honest.. but I take your point about Razorlight, that was a very good follow up.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Has anyone heard the album by The Fray entitled 'How To Save A Life'?

Only just released over here but I heard it and bought it in New York last year, and it's not at all bad if you like that style of music.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Frutos said:
Has anyone heard the album by The Fray entitled 'How To Save A Life'?

Only just released over here but I heard it and bought it in New York last year, and it's not at all bad if you like that style of music.

Yeh not bad, but its abit 'music by numbers'. Nice melody and all, but could have done so much more with it. I think anyway.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Biscuit said:
Yeh not bad, but its abit 'music by numbers'. Nice melody and all, but could have done so much more with it. I think anyway.

I agree.

I like it a lot, but I can totally understand why people wouldn't, and I agree that it could have been a lot better in places.

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Both the razorlight and the Killers seconds albums are excellent! Rich want me to send you 'sams town' killers btw:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here