Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Justin Timberlake - Why?

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Its all down to very good marketing, he isn't a bad looking bloke, he hasn't got a great voice but it certainly isn't the worst about and he also uses the hottest producers in r&b to work on his albums ie Pharrel Williams and Timbaland. As i say he has a core market and his PR people go for the jugular. I also wouldn't mind being a fiver behind him that's for sure.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Its all down to very good marketing, he isn't a bad looking bloke, he hasn't got a great voice but it certainly isn't the worst about and he also uses the hottest producers in r&b to work on his albums ie Pharrel Williams and Timbaland. As i say he has a core market and his PR people go for the jugular. I also wouldn't mind being a fiver behind him that's for sure.

pretty much spot on.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
SJ's Love Monkey said:

what he said.

It's whatever's zeitgeisty at the time, innit?

Black girls have Usher, white girls have Timberlake.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:
I'm sure it would...if he had two quality albums...

disclaimer: yes, yes, I know music is all about personal tastes etc etc.

correct me if im wrong but both his albums have garnered impressive press from respected ctritics?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
SJ's Love Monkey said:
As commercial r&b based albums go they aren't bad to be fair to him, just a bit too sugary for me but hey i am sure he don't really care!!

You see, that's where the problem lies.

As far as commercial R&B goes I'm sure it's fine but ... turd...polish

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Music is so much about personal taste, it isn't mine necessarily but his albums sell by the bucketload and he is a popular bloke. Now whether that is because females will buy his stuff even if he belched on a record or if it is talent that is where the debate lies.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
dwayne said:
correct me if im wrong but both his albums have garnered impressive press from respected ctritics?

I wouldn't have the foggiest. I've never read a review of a J.T album. What I've heard of them though have been far from quality in my humble musical opinion.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Music is so much about personal taste, it isn't mine necessarily but his albums sell by the bucketload and he is a popular bloke. Now whether that is because females will buy his stuff even if he belched on a record or if it is talent that is where the debate lies.

Which was my original point. He is not a musician, merely a figurehead for pop merchandising.

Can a Justin fan tell me..

Does he write his own music?

Does he play any instruments?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Perry Milkins said:
Which was my original point. He is not a musician, merely a figurehead for pop merchandising.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he does do some of it. I think it was in my Justin Timberlake 2007 annual.

Last edited:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Perry Milkins said:

I think he co writes every track he records to be honest Pez

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here