Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Justin Bieber

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Goldentime is a period of time on a (usually) Friday where the children have a kind of free play.. time spent listening to music and watching DVD's are known to be common

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
I Believe is a period of time on a friday afternoon in which the kids can do what they like. It got instigated when i was just finishing primary school.

Yup. It's a period after lunch on a friday afternoon when the kids can do what they please (within reason of course!)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's the teaching equivalent of knocking off early on a Friday.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
I know I'm an oldie but what the heck is that about? Friday pm = 2 lessons in my day and how we hated it when one year it was double maths!

It just ain't he same as it used to be... kids these days don't know they're born. etc. etc. etc....

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Goldentime is a period of time on a (usually) Friday where the children have a kind of free play.. time spent listening to music and watching DVD's are known to be common

In that case just let the little shits go home early. They can watch Finding Nemo in the comfort of their own home. No point wasting the taxpayers money watching it at school :p

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
In that case just let the little shits go home early. They can watch Finding Nemo in the comfort of their own home. No point wasting the taxpayers money watching it at school :p

Don't wish to turn this thread into a political debate, but ask anybody who works in a Primary School how much the kids benefit from golden time. It's not just about watching a screen, it's about being sociable and interacting with one another. They do lots of things often creative and social, which of course encourages them to enjoy being at school. Happy children make good learners :thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I shouldn't laugh, but I work in a school and all the kids talk about is Justin Bieber this and Justin Bieber that.

Likewise at the after school club where I work!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here