Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just wow

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
looking forward to hearing from those who went today.............and how Greer got on...?

We definitely have a good team this year, but would still like to see a decent 'Captain' on the pitch, who may just get that bit more from the players during the match, when the going gets tough.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
looking forward to hearing from those who went today.............and how Greer got on...?

We definitely have a good team this year, but would still like to see a decent 'Captain' on the pitch, who may just get that bit more from the players during the match, when the going gets tough.

Greer was good. Obviously a but rusty, but won most aerial challenges. Stood his ground and tackled well. The only negative was getting tackled on the halfway line and allowing Charlton to break. Thankfully El-Abd managed to scamper back and tackled the chap in the box before he had a chance to shoot.

He ignored Calderon a few times when he was free and lost us ground, but did retain poessession.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Greer was good. Obviously a but rusty, but won most aerial challenges. Stood his ground and tackled well. The only negative was getting tackled on the halfway line and allowing Charlton to break. Thankfully El-Abd managed to scamper back and tackled the chap in the box before he had a chance to shoot.

He ignored Calderon a few times when he was free and lost us ground, but did retain poessession.

cheers for that info.....:thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Was Poyet justified in dropping Elphick for today after Greers performance?

Difficult to say as the defence has been outstanding for much of the season. We never really looked troubled and Greer seems to be much more comfortable with the ball at his feet and happy to play it on the deck.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
paid the price for giving away a "penalty"
I thought he got bullied by the big bournemouth sub and charlton are a pretty direct style of play; another bit of tactical gus genius

Will Peterborough be all-ticket?

Now less than a fortnight away, and no news of ticket availability. I'm sure that just about everyone who was at Charlton today will relish experiencing a similar atmosphere, and maybe performance, not that much further north. Plus there is the added attraction of probably the last chance ever to stand on a big, covered terrace. So, what chance of a ticket for East Midlanders like myself, who have dropped out of the AWS (at least I think I have!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here