Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just WHY are B'muff top of our league?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Howe rocked up here, I wonder how many non-wins he'd be allowed before NSC decided he was shitehouse?

Obviously that'll be after he's hailed as the new messiah.

PeterAFCB

Oct 30, 2014
I wouldn't, although i think he's a very good manager, there's something about him i don't like. :shrug:

It's weird that people think this. Even going back as far as when he was still a regular player, he's been absolutely brilliant with the supporters and around the club. He's genuinely always respectful of the opposition, doesn't get carried away (as he could have been with our results of late), just goes about his business quietly. He's quite a shy guy, in as much as I encounter him in and around town and he's always quietly spoken, but willing to talk, that goes back to when he left us for Portsmouth and used to come to games when he got injured.

Obviously I may be biased, but I just love the guy. He's done us well as a player and is now a club legend, our greatest manager of all-time that's given us times we could never have believed just three years ago.

BTW, Having see Cook and Elphick week in, week out for a couple of years, I'd be shocked if either, or both could not get in the center of your defence, but again, I can only speak from my point of view having seen them both play.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's weird that people think this. Even going back as far as when he was still a regular player, he's been absolutely brilliant with the supporters and around the club. He's genuinely always respectful of the opposition, doesn't get carried away (as he could have been with our results of late), just goes about his business quietly. He's quite a shy guy, in as much as I encounter him in and around town and he's always quietly spoken, but willing to talk, that goes back to when he left us for Portsmouth and used to come to games when he got injured.

Obviously I may be biased, but I just love the guy. He's done us well as a player and is now a club legend, our greatest manager of all-time that's given us times we could never have believed just three years ago.

BTW, Having see Cook and Elphick week in, week out for a couple of years, I'd be shocked if either, or both could not get in the center of your defence, but again, I can only speak from my point of view having seen them both play.
Centre back is the one position where we are quite strong.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Eddie Howe is a good manager but I hate the way his teams play football. Every time we've played Bournemouth or Burnley there's been a lot of snidey fouls, dangerous tackles, harassing the referee and play-acting from the opposition. It's infuriating when teams play like that and the referee lets them get away with it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's just a temporary thing. They certainly won't be in the automatic spots at the end of the season, and it'd be surprising if they made it to the play-offs.
You heard it here first (unless someone else has said so).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Eddie Howe is a good manager but I hate the way his teams play football. Every time we've played Bournemouth or Burnley there's been a lot of snidey fouls, dangerous tackles, harassing the referee and play-acting from the opposition. It's infuriating when teams play like that and the referee lets them get away with it.

To be fair to Readie Eddie, he came straight out and said that that 'penalty' that Calde 'conceded' at the Amex last season was clearly never a penalty.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wilson and Rantie combined cost more than £4.1 million. They've also got players on big wages so they should be challenging at the top considering the money they've spent.

Goalkeeper: Artur Boruc (loan)
Right-back: Simon Francis (free)
Centre-back: Tommy Elphick (£200,000)
Centre-back: Steve Cook (£150,000)
Left-back: Charlie Daniels (£200,000)
Winger: Matt Ritchie (£500,000)
Central midfielder: Harry Arter (£4,000)
Attacking midfielder: Andrew Surman (£500,000)
Winger: Marc Pugh (£100,000)
Striker: Brett Pitman (£60,000)- Re-signed from Bristol City after selling him for £1m
Striker: Callum Wilson (£3m)
Striker: Tokelo Rantie (£2.5m)

Yes, makes it £6.6m. Still, that's about £2m less than the Grabban/Lalana receipts.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham

Niffink against your man or your team. Best of luck to you mate. Really jealous

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Goalkeeper: Artur Boruc (loan)
Right-back: Simon Francis (free)
Centre-back: Tommy Elphick (£200,000)
Centre-back: Steve Cook (£150,000)
Left-back: Charlie Daniels (£200,000)
Winger: Matt Ritchie (£500,000)
Central midfielder: Harry Arter (£4,000)
Attacking midfielder: Andrew Surman (£500,000)
Winger: Marc Pugh (£100,000)
Striker: Brett Pitman (£60,000)- Re-signed from Bristol City after selling him for £1m
Striker: Callum Wilson (£3m)
Striker: Tokelo Rantie (£2.5m)

Yes, makes it £6.6m. Still, that's about £2m less than the Grabban/Lalana receipts.

Indeed cheap team and all this wage bollocks spoken by others ?....any reason Cook or Elphick would be on more than at your gaff ?.....Francis was another reject, likewise Pitman on that list. Ritchie moved when Swindon were on the bones of their arse, Kermogant is probably on a decent wedge, Rantie's an odd 'un...Wilson on top wack.

Hardly pushing the boat out.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Indeed cheap team and all this wage bollocks spoken by others ?....any reason Cook or Elphick would be on more than at your gaff ?.....Francis was another reject, likewise Pitman on that list. Ritchie moved when Swindon were on the bones of their arse, Kermogant is probably on a decent wedge, Rantie's an odd 'un...Wilson on top wack.

Good luck to AFCB, Great to see.

Hope they can keep it going and get up to the premiership.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

Yet you're expected to fail FFP massively.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/...ubs-can-expect-to-receive-a-transfer-embargo-

The 12/13 loss related to L1 – costs will have increased since then. £5.75m cash for Lallana in July unlikely to be enough to remove ban for Summer

Transfer Ban Likelihood?

VERY LIKELY.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Yet you're expected to fail FFP massively.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/...ubs-can-expect-to-receive-a-transfer-embargo-

The 12/13 loss related to L1 – costs will have increased since then. £5.75m cash for Lallana in July unlikely to be enough to remove ban for Summer

Transfer Ban Likelihood?

VERY LIKELY.

The rules were changed today mate, need to find another excuse ...:)..and your chairman voted for it as well..

http://www.football-league.co.uk/ne...hip-financial-fair-play-rules-rg-2066799.aspx

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here