Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just when you think the courts couldn't get more stupid.....

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Read the thread, THIS IS NOT HIS FIRST OFFENCE. Prison is there to punish people who break the law. As the saying goes, "If you can do the time, don't do the crime". The children have a wonderful role model, a crook who openly brags about getting away with it. Maybe when you get burgled you might see why this bloke doesn't deserve sympathy.

F.Y.I. You don't get sent to prison for a first burglary, it's not a hobby to this individual.

I read the articles, but didn't see anything about repeat offence, only saw first offence. The Children are better off with the parent/s than some care home where they're not cared about and could be abused. I have been burgled and it's a horrible feeling, but rather than bang 'em up I would rather go down the 'restorative justice' route and come face to face with the offender and then make them repair damage done. That way their is a stronger chance of that person not re-offending by realising the effect they have on their victims.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
The state, who is imprisoning him, is not punishing the children. He is.

Thats why the Human Rights Act is so crap, it turns things on its head.

That's all good and well but he's offending for a reason, perhaps to feed his FIVE children. And he's unemployed, so concentrate on improving those areas and there's a good chance he won't go out offending again. And his kids won't suffer by losing a parent. There must be a strong emphasis on lowering the chances the kids will become (future) criminals and separating kids from parents is a common factor in the development of future criminals.

I believe that the Human Rights Act was brought in to bring Britain in to line with the rest of Europe with regards to the ECHR (European Convention of Human Rights). As we're in Europe we had to bring in an Act to run alongside the ECHR. So we would have to 'PULL OUT' of Europe in order to cease to abide by these European laws.

May 17, 2011
1066 country
If they cut his hands off for being a theiving bastard like they should have in the first place, i think he may have abit of a problem careing for his kids anyway. This country is sending out the wrong message bigtime,no wonder the worlds criminals are coming here to live and take the piss.They know they can.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Jesus, this DerbyGull is a right yoghurt knitting tree hugging liberal. If you do a crime expect to be punished for it, and if that means jail, you go to jail, you do not pass go and you do not collect 200. To use kids as an excuse to allow people to rob their way through life is NOT the states fault but the individuals. How many parents rob their way through life and use their kids as excuses? You need to see the branches for the trees fella.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
That's all good and well but he's offending for a reason, perhaps to feed his FIVE children.
He shouldn't be having 5 kids then if he can't feed them.

I believe that the Human Rights Act was brought in to bring Britain in to line with the rest of Europe with regards to the ECHR (European Convention of Human Rights). As we're in Europe we had to bring in an Act to run alongside the ECHR. So we would have to 'PULL OUT' of Europe in order to cease to abide by these European laws.
The ECHR was first drafted in 1949/50, long before the current European institutions came into existence. The lead in developing the Convention was taken by the United Kingdom, with British MP and lawyer Sir David Maxwell-Fyfe acting as Chair of the Council of Europe's Committee on Legal and Administrative Questions which was responsible for drafting the Convention. He had been a lawyer at the Nuremberg trials.

Dismissing Human Rights as some piece of nonsense dreamt up in Brussels is profoundly ignorant.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Jesus, this DerbyGull is a right yoghurt knitting tree hugging liberal. If you do a crime expect to be punished for it, and if that means jail, you go to jail, you do not pass go and you do not collect 200. To use kids as an excuse to allow people to rob their way through life is NOT the states fault but the individuals. How many parents rob their way through life and use their kids as excuses? You need to see the branches for the trees fella.

It's not about being liberal, it's about reducing crime.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
It's not about being liberal, it's about reducing crime.

Don't worry mate, people don't want to address the issue, they just want to yell lock him up and throw away the key. It's easier than thinking and it it gives them a nice self satisfied warm glow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here