Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just what is wrong with poofy footballers these days?...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
You've got twats like this talking like children...

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney believes he is not getting enough protection from referees.

The 21-year-old says he is targeted by opposing players and does not get as many free-kicks as he should.

"For some reason refs think I should be able to protect myself without their help," said the England international.

Bloody hell, it's not a f***ing playground Wayne... "Whaaaa he started it Miss".

How would he have coped as a footballer 20/30 years ago? In fact I doubt there are many modern day footballers that could have coped with the 70s/80s game.

How the game has changed (for the worst)... TARTS, the lot of em.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Norman"Bites yer Leg"Hunter would have sorted it all out.

Metatarsals? Bit ladylike.Hit those tib and fibs!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Just watching the 83 cup final video shows just how much the game is changed. Jimmy Case would have been sent off three times over today and I don't think he even got a yellow.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Trigger said:
You've got twats like this talking like children...

Bloody hell, it's not a f***ing playground Wayne... "Whaaaa he started it Miss".

How would he have coped as a footballer 20/30 years ago? In fact I doubt there are many modern day footballers that could have coped with the 70s/80s game.

How the game has changed (for the worst)... TARTS, the lot of em.

Yep totally agree. Why don't we just re-badge it netball and be done with it!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
rool said:
Just watching the 83 cup final video shows just how much the game is changed. Jimmy Case would have been sent off three times over today and I don't think he even got a yellow.

Try the 1970 Leeds v Chelsea one: If it were reffed today there'd only be about three people left on the pitch.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Gwylan said:
Try the 1970 Leeds v Chelsea one: If it were reffed today there'd only be about three people left on the pitch.

Many felt that if it had been reffed properly at the time there would only have been three left.....the ref and the two linesmen.

It was a bit Sussex Sunday League,eh?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
What about that Chile V Italy game (60s I think)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's always going to sound like bleating - but Rooney has a point. He is one of if not the most talented players in the league, he gets targeted and kicked to f*** every game and just picks himself up and gets on with it. The refs therefore think he must be OK. All around him (including his own team-mate) people are throwing themselves to the ground all over the shop and getting free-kicks. If you were him I'm sure you'd get a bit pissed off with it week in, week out.

I actually think Rooney is one of the modern-day players who would have done just fine in the 70s.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I think I'd have a lot more sympathy for poor little Wayne if he stopped shouting f*** off at the ref every 5-10 seconds. But, as Toots says, he's hardly the worst.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I totally agree he lets himself down swearing at the ref. It probably comes down to your own 'crime sheet' and on mine diving about and rolling around feigning injury are worse than yelling at the official.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Overpaid overpampered alice band wearing premier league PANSIES.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Tooting Gull said:
It's always going to sound like bleating - but Rooney has a point. He is one of if not the most talented players in the league, he gets targeted and kicked to f*** every game and just picks himself up and gets on with it. The refs therefore think he must be OK. All around him (including his own team-mate) people are throwing themselves to the ground all over the shop and getting free-kicks. If you were him I'm sure you'd get a bit pissed off with it week in, week out.

I actually think Rooney is one of the modern-day players who would have done just fine in the 70s.

True, but he dives a fair bit too

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
People would probably have more sympathy for comments like that from Rooney if he and his compatriots were more honest themselves.

It's all very well complaining that you're getting the shit kicked out of you, but when you fling yourself to the ground at the slightest hint of a challenge (and let's be honest here, Rooney's as capable of that as any of them), you can hardly blame the referee for giving the benefit of the doubt to the opposing player sometimes.

Start with yourself, Wayne, and then maybe you can justifiably have a go at the refs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here