Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just what is wrong with Arsene Wenger's head?

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
The difference between the sports you mention and Football is that there are far more stoppages.

There is time wasted on players grabbing their pitchforks and surrounding the ref and tilting their foreheads toward him menacingly and frothing at the mouth.

If the ability to challenge took 60 seconds, you wouldn't lose any time, and you could book twats who charged the ref.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think the main issue is Wenger still insisting Eduardo didn't dive. The whole world (bar a few people) know he did. Wenger knows he did. He's not doing his or Arsenal's popularity (let alone their case with UEFA) any good by continuously denying it. I for one have considered him a very intelligent person at times, but will struggle to listen to anything he has to say after the fuss he has kicked up over this.

To everyone who says Eduardo has been "singled out", or that this is not "consistent".

He picked a very stupid time to do it. 2 VERY well supported British-based clubs playing each other, on a night when most British football fans were watching, as there was very little other football on offer, either live or on TV. It was being covered by Sky & ITV, with comprehensive angles. And, he did it with the tie still in the balance, and in the penalty area.

Wenger is right to say the emotion has driven this case on, but thats because his player was stupid enough to cheat in front of a MASSIVE audience at a crucial moment in a crucial game. Mind you, I say stupid, he got away with it so fair play I guess.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Haven't watched that, but presume its Jiri Jarosik's dive when we beat Man United. I said at the time it was a dive - don't see what its got to do with this...

It has got everything to do with it.

Diving is rife. There is no point getting sanctimonius about it when you (the clib in question) is just as guilty.

I agree with Wenger in some respects. This sort of thing happens in most games, but it seems that Eduardo is being made an example. Why him? This has been going on for yonks.

Ps What does a two match ban do for the Scottish bigots? They are now already out of the cup.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It has got everything to do with it.

Diving is rife. There is no point getting sanctimonius about it when you (the clib in question) is just as guilty.

I agree with Wenger in some respects. This sort of thing happens in most games, but it seems that Eduardo is being made an example. Why him? This has been going on for yonks.

Ps What does a two match ban do for the Scottish bigots? They are now already out of the cup.

Because, Eduardo did it at a big time in a big game, with the world watching. I agree its a shame that only such things will get the attention, but he did cheat and isn't going to get an sympathy.

As regards the jarosik incident, I dunno if I posted such a comment on here, but I have said since Wednesday night that I am not being biased, and specifically mentioned that incident as one that we got away with - and with nakamura it was as good as a penalty.

As regards what does it do for CELTIC (which I presume you mean rather than a pointless derogatory name)? Nothing I spose. But then neither does anyone going to prison ever do anything for victims of crime. Poor little fuckers, singled out for being caught.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Eduardo is banned could Arsenal start a trend by saying ' bollox you cannot televise our games' there would be no TV evidence then as it would be impossible for Eufa to video and analyse every game.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If Eduardo is banned could Arsenal start a trend by saying ' bollox you cannot televise our games' there would be no TV evidence then as it would be impossible for Eufa to video and analyse every game.

With the huge revenue they get from TV it's unlikely they'll even consider something like that. Besides, isn't there some contractual obligation involved?

As for Wenger-the man is a twat for publicly defending a blatant cheat. Let's hope that Eduardo's dive and subsequent punishment sees the start of similar actions against all divers-especially the European cheats.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Did you see Eduardo's face after he looked round to see the penalty had been given, proper smirk on his face.:wrong:

It goes to show why Arsenal's players do this stuff, when their manager will support them whatever they get up to - like a bad parent.

I now hope they win nothing this year -and get bilked by their own style of cheating if at all possible. I would LOVE it if some Champs league side dink them out of the competition by exactly doing what Eduardo did - would be special if he's got sent off for a non-contact tackle that gave away the pen. I'd love to hear what the frog tit says about it then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here