Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just what is the point of getting rid of Mcghee now?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Dies Irae said:
I am at a loss as to what people think it will achieve.

We have to look to try and keep managers at this club. We have had Adams, taylor, Hinch, Coppell, McGhee in the last few years...we need stability, not chopping and changing.

i am not a great McGhee fan as you all know, but i am resigned to our fate, and think there is no point sacking him fpr the sake of it.

If we start off next year by playing dreadfully and by November no better off than now, then maybe there is an excuse, but not now.

Could not have put it better!:albion:

Silent Bob said:
Rotherham and Forest were already pretty much down, Gillingham were along way adrift but in the end almost stayed up.
And remind, me what has happened to Magson and Ternant now? :jester:

Repugnant Toad said:
Ternant chose to leave in the summer, didn't he?

That's right, he took them down and f***ed off. What a great example that is to follow :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I suppose, if you have written off this season, then it all depends on if you think that McGhee can do the best possible with the squad next year. If yes, then stay with him. If not, then the time to make a change would be sooner rather than later.

I accept we have had soooo many managers go through the doors in the last 8 or so years that we do need some stability but in reality, managers no longer do years at one club expect dario G. The average in the who professional leagues now is 21 months and that includes having that upped by fergie and gradi.

I regret to say that whilst I though McGhee was our best hope at staying up, I dont believe he would be our best hope at going up next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here