Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just what did El Abd do

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Yorkie said:
Good grief, what a non story.

Which one of us wasn't drunk when we were 20? Ok, we may not have got arrested or fined but that was probably more by luck than judgement.

Exactly. I'm sure anyone with a bit of common sense would know that anyone that is in the wrong place at the wrong time could find themselves in this situation.

I was reading in the paper today that one police force are introducing a points system. Each officer needs to collect at least 200 points a month. You get ten points for arresting a rapist or a burglar, five points for catching someone without a seatbelt, and two points for arresting an asylum seeker with mental health problems.

I wonder how many you would get for arresting a Championship reserve football player.

And whether you'd get bonus points for texting your mates about it.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Richie Morris said:
Do plod have mates?

Perhaps only if they have something interesting to talk about.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's not exactly crime of the century is it, ultimately he went out, got lashed, acted like a twat and paid for it by getting nicked and fined. As plenty of blokes do every weekend.

Inevitably a local paper will take an interest in a minor local celebrity, and he can hardly complain at that. The only way to avoid it is not to get in trouble in the first place.

I'd suggest he's paid his dues and that's the end of it- I'm sure Mark McGhee agrees, especially if El Abd plays as solidly as he did against Leicester.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He seemed pretty relaxed last night (and perfectly sober, but then none of the players drank last night)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here